TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Looking for critique for new Layout

Page: 1 2 Reply
Oct 12th 2003#124533 Report
awesome thanks supah, this is the stuff that I need to hear =)

as for the text, yeah I know...

Liquid content: because I got distracted =)

I am a coder before designer as I am sure shows, I generally do sites that are almost completely code with little to no other graphics aside from a logo. Basically I am just trying to expand that a bit, I agree that it has a tutorial-ly feel, though it wasn't really based off of any of them, my PS skills are pretty much at that level still.

Anyways, thanks again to those that took the time to comment! I definatly appreciate it. It's gonna be a day or two before I can update again, but I would love another round of opinions when it goes up.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 12th 2003#124541 Report
well..... i think i am pretty sucky then lol,........ i suck at coding and designing as you can see

www.lazyrollers.com
www.eccentrix.com/members/pixelated
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 16th 2003#125042 Report
maybe you should do more on the background behind the content area.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 16th 2003#125054 Report
So just to update folks, I am kinda revamping the general feel of the site, the layout/colors will be similer but less busy.

I am working on making it feel less cluttered and random.

anyways wanted to say thanks again (prolly gettin annoying!) for the input, it really is tremendously useful.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 16th 2003#125057 Report
It's never annoying, :D don't hesitate to show us the new version :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 20th 2003#125462 Report
you have alot of solid shapes built in with really blurry areas.. try taking out som of the blur and stick on the side of bold shapes with a layout like this.
Seems like your going for a techy look,but you have alot of open space try using it up. Other then that i think its a good start, cant wait to see the latest
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 21st 2003#125659 Report
I don't like this one at all. The colors are bland and ugly, except for the blue in the content area. You should try working with your colors a little bit more ...

As for how it's layed out ... I don't like that either. There are too many empty spaces that could be used for something, but instead ... its just blank greyish-blue spaces. It's okay to have empty spaces in some cases, however, this is not one of them. The way you have placed things makes me feel as if there is still something trying to load, even though theres nothing actually loading. Do something with that space.

You used bevel, from the looks of it ... and well ... in this case it's really ugly. Especially the nav, content area, and the circle with bars coming out of it (it looks real fake). It seems like you were going for a technical look ... but ... it's not technical enough. It seems like you were trying to get a mechanical feel, but all you've got right now is shapes with bevel, which is a little ... cheap looking. Work on that. Don't use bevel for EVERYTHING. You need a background also ... the one you have doesn't work with what you are trying to do unless you do it right.

In short ... I don't like it and you should probably consider redesigning because you used a lot of bad choices and design tactics. It's a good concept, it just needs a lot of work. :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum