TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

new name - new site

Page: 1 2 Reply
Aug 7th 2003#116897 Report
Generation Designs - Online Home of Thomas Haynes

How do you like it? I was going to make a colored or textured background but that was a little too difficult as I really wanted the pen to be there and I couldn't figure out a way to isolate it so that it could go onto a background. I also didn't want just a plain tan, so I got a wood texture, but that was too hard to tile, plus the difficulty with scanned pen ... so here it is!

tom

http://trhaynes.ionichost.com/gendes
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 7th 2003#116911 Report
I dont think you need the pen... I think it looks cool. Background might be nice....Overall I think it will be sweet.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 7th 2003#116931 Report
Yo tom I think you really need to change a host man, it sux, sometimes when I go to your site it always gives me a 404. The design is still nice I have no prob with it. It would be better though I suggest you go all the way and make the content area background a piece of scrap paper too.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 7th 2003#116955 Report
::cough:: host ::cough::

lol. Your always harping on me for a site..time to turn the tables! But seriously it wouldnt make a bad .com (just as long as "generation designs" isnt taken.....).

Also you already know what i think about the layout :-P
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 7th 2003#116970 Report
I don't have the money to get a URL like that. You're the only person that has ever complained about the host for .html files, X-fusion. Or have you had problems, Rodder454?

I want this site to be really good but I want it to be able to edit and stuff - I like the pen. I could put a background on and I think it would add to the site, although at the same time taking some away, because of no pen, etc. And also its very difficult to make the background a color. There are different td's and tables, etc. And I think it looks fine.

But I don't need to justify anything really. I design for myself and I like it for the most part. I might give it some time before making a whole site though.

tom
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 7th 2003#116991 Report
i dont know about the paper and pen look with a complete white background. they kinda clash i think. the pen and paper is just too flashy and complex to be on a white background.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 8th 2003#117007 Report
I agree, it should be slightly crumled looking or something.

By the way, you don't have the money for a url? .. Domains are only 10 bucks a year, if not less.

Also, by the way... generationdesign.com is most certainly going to be taken, as well as its .net, .org, .us, .gov, .tv, .biz, and .cc counterparts. Not to mention .cjb.net and .tk too.
Plus the name isn't too original anyway.

I suggest something with a little more ring, also one that isn't taken...

Maybe it could do with some dropshadows to give an illusion of depth

Otherwise nice ass site :D very original, i like it
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 8th 2003#117050 Report
The name is original, I think. Everyone is "Next-Generation Designs" "5th Generation Designs". Here is the only "Generation Designs" - http://www.geocities.com/generation_design/buy/GDIContract.htm . I agree - I might have some competition getting more visitors since that site is so visually stunning, but I think I'll manage.

And by the way - generationdesigns.com is taken (unknown who) but .org, .net are OK. $10 a year? Thats amazing. Thats not a host, though, right? Just a name. I still have to host my stuff at (unreliable) coolfreepages. And if that goes down, I can't use my name. I'll think about it. Thanks for the C&C guys - I'll be working on that soon. I'm giving it a few days to sink in first.

tom
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 8th 2003#117061 Report
i like the nav, and i dont know if is only my connection, but every page goes to some search engine.
And i dig the paper nav. and how you made space for other buttons there without having to change the paper motif.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 8th 2003#117076 Report
Tom - I'm gonna be 100% blunt with you...
Generation designs is typical for a webdesign company that sucks.

And since you don't suck, my thought is for you to change your name.

Look at the generation designs thing you showed us just now. That site sucks. And yours doesnt.

Generation designs is the name of a site that has clashing backgrounds, rinky dink bg music of 007 flicks, and animated gifs of burning guitars and dancing Jesus.

Think of something more original. Something more memorable. "Generation designs" doesnt cut it in my opinion.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum