TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Changed It Once Again

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 Reply
Jul 7th 2003#112029 Report
BUSHY! i mean, BUSY!

It's not hard to see the busyness, sketallee. the random thingies coming out of nowhere and the diamond blingage shining in your eyes might work for a fishing lure, but unfortunately they don't work for a wbesite :/
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 7th 2003#112047 Report
well honestly i dont see where you guys are gettin that.. cause this message board is the only one that says things like that.. everyone else loves it.. the people that usually are my customers really love my sites... thats just that.. i know ya'll are better with designs and all so i respect your opinions.. but really i think alot of you guys sites are busy myself with alot of stuff like you say mine is.. so i really dont understand that!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 7th 2003#112055 Report
well your little graphics on the top and bottom is WAY to noisey with all that purple and static feeling to it. It really bothers my eyes i didnt even bother looking at the site for over 5 secs before i shut it down
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 7th 2003#112058 Report
the thing is - if you can assign a purpose to all of the elements that make a layout (just for yourself - you don't have to find explanations for others - that is easy) - then you will have a design that works...
you don't have to say things like
this message board is the only one that says things like that.. everyone else loves it.. the people that usually are my customers really love my sites... thats just that

nobody here is out to get you or to diminish you in your clients' eyes. We just speak out minds. Saying that "others think it's good" has no real value. I don't think that any of the good people here will hear that and say "oh wait - since others say it's good - well - let me retract what I said before - why yeah - it's great!!"

if you want to improve yourself you have to take what is given you - be it praise - be it criticism...
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 7th 2003#112075 Report
i understand that completely.. but sometimes it seems that.. since my stuff is geared toward rap music and this gang banging type scene people may say.... then they will look past the work i've put into some of the stuff.. ok i understand alot of people dont like the bling iced looking text but i think that at the top is a nice touch to it.. i want people to actually go to it and click the buttons and look at whats more in there.. and it seems like noone ever does... but i see other sites that look terrible here.. and people dont give them the comments they give me.. its just what im feeling here.. sorry to say but its what i feel... but i still respect most everyones opinions and try to work on that.. sometimes i just like what i got going.. but its cool..
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 7th 2003#112082 Report
Originally posted by sir_ant
i dont like it

You know....some of you need to learn that constructive criticism helps keep the stress off of people who come here seeking advice. This is why most people are afraid to put up new content. *speaking from experience*

And skett, I personally like that effect. How long have you worked on this site? It would help if people realized exactly how long an individual spent working on a site before practically thrashing the web master's work.

One thing, though. I'd put a "Content Coming Soon..." notice on your other pages, so people don't think something is wrong with your other pages.

Christopher William Coddington (Xzandar / cwcandromeda),
CWCONLINE Administrator/Webmaster
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 7th 2003#112088 Report

but i see other sites that look terrible here.. and people dont give them the comments they give me

yes, your correct, there are tons of sites posted in this forum that are terrible. but all of those sites have their own flaws. a site might look terrible because it is too simple with not enough effects. in your case, however, you have overused eyecandy and we are commenting on that very flaw of your site. everyone who has posted in this thread isn't try to pick on you, we are simply acknowledging what is wrong with your site and how it can be improved.

It would help if people realized exactly how long an individual spent working on a site before practically thrashing the web master's work

that is a really lame excuse. do you know how much time, work, and dedication it took for all of us to be the designers we are today? you make it sound like we ourselves were never in your shoes...we were! We all know what it feels like to be a noob, everyone has been there, dont that. if you do want to succeed in designing, it takes extremely tough cc. if what you do sucks, someone telling you that it looks "good" wont get you anywhere. so just listen to what people have to say, do what they say, and keeping repeating this. trust me, it will pay off someday.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 7th 2003#112091 Report
There is a difference between constructive criticism, and the famous quote I've seen circulating around here, "I hate it." That is a very derogatory thing to say to someone. And...I'm far from a noob, but I get treated like one. If I hadn't switched graphics programs, things would be better, but they're not.

The point is, I understand your point, and you make every point correct, but there are people who do not even commit to using the constructive criticism method, and just post, "I hate it," or some other rude comment, and they get away with it.

Christopher William Coddington (Xzandar / cwcandromeda),
CWCONLINE Administrator/Webmaster
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 7th 2003#112093 Report
its alright...
loads fast, layed out nicely

but id admit im not font of the major graphic elements
the top/bottom banners are kinda messy 'looking'

not to keen on the snowy effect of your logo

the menu buttons would look better as solid and not the transparency u have laid out with the bg showing thru, makes it harder to read the menu captions and maybe a slight rollover effect would be nice too

cheers
heathrowe
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 7th 2003#112098 Report
Originally posted by cwcoddington

You know....some of you need to learn that constructive criticism helps keep the stress off of people who come here seeking advice. This is why most people are afraid to put up new content. *speaking from experience*

And skett, I

lol , ever been in the real world lately? ive done jobs for companies and ive gotten comments that hurt but you need to deal with it... just because you like the way it looks doesnt mean its perfect. also i later stated what i disliked though it was very brief it was what i didnt like. you say your a webmaster? well then you should understand what criticism is it has nothing to do with being afraid of posting, if you are afraid then that means you did something wrong and that your insecure wth your work, where will you get with that? so please watch what is said in the forums because i have been here long enough to understand how it works.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum