TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

New portfolio design?

Page: 1 2 3 4 Reply
Jul 4th 2003#111645 Report
Originally posted by PaavoPerkele
...but the thing is that I made the layout in a fixed 750px width (for obvious reasons)...

I was reading somewhere that only 2% of web users use 600x800 resolutions. I can't find where it was but it was a very recent and looked to be quite respected site. It took monthly polls of the resolutions, color depths, etc. of web users. So thats what it said - 2%.

As to design - looks very good. I still need someone to explain to me how one would go about slicing and coding a non-rectangular site like that. Are there any good tutorials? (Sorry for the aside paavo - hope you don't mind).

tom
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 4th 2003#111649 Report
Slicing a curvy site is done the same way you would slice a normal site..... still uses square / rectangle slices. You can use image maps for more difficult areas with navigation (always an option.) and you have to think out a bit how you will slice up your page so that it is more flexible in a layout. But it is still square slices.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 6th 2003#111770 Report
Yeah - thats not exactly what I meant but I'll get I'll understand exactly how when paavo gets his site up. Whenever I slice and export things, there are way too many images and spacers. Even a simple site has like 20 .gifs - 15 that seem unneccessary. Or do you slice and then code by hand with saved for web graphics?

tom
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 4 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum