TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

New portfolio design?

Page: 1 2 3 4 Reply
Jul 2nd 2003#111371 Report
It's clean, but it is very empty.

Also what is this "skills " lisnk going to be for?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 3rd 2003#111488 Report
I like it!!

there one thing that kinda irritates my eyes...

1) the "contact me" text seems to high on the nav. Did you consider curving it with the flow of the nav a little (downward).

BTW. How did you make that Dark-to-light-to-dark on the grey nav bar? I've always wondered how to do that...
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 3rd 2003#111489 Report
there is a gradient that does a Color-to-anothercolor-to-first color.

However in this case, I think Paavo had a gray bar and then had a lighter gray bar over it, but it wasnt as big as the darker gray bar (so it appeared as a light gray bar with a dark gray stroke).

Then he gaussian blurred the light gray bar.

edit. PS, Paavo, what language is your site in?

pat
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 3rd 2003#111495 Report
Great site, however something that has me kind of not enjoying it, is how exciting the left side of the page is, with all that eye catching text and what not. And then the right side, with your philosophy and stuff, is just boring and nothing about it will catch your eye and make you read it
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 4th 2003#111540 Report
Originally posted by supahsekzy
Paavo, what language is your site in?

That is the language of profesionalism man - It's a text called Lorem Ipsum that doesn't really mean anything - it's roots are latin words - its main benefit is that it has the exact appearance of a "real" text - it's got commas, dots, a balanced amount of long/short words.....
Instead of writing "Text here Text here Text here Text hereText here Text here Text here Text here " you use something that doesn't hurt the eyes with its redundancy and blocky appearance and distracts you from pondering bigger issues like graphic looks and such....

Paavo - that is the bestest template I've seen in months...
The only thing I'd do - is force justify the text - but maybe you tried and it looked too blocky and spoiled the organic feel the graphics give....

Awesome work as usual - can't wait to see it finished...
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 4th 2003#111597 Report
Get on the ball, and do it!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 4th 2003#111601 Report
Ok.. on the top right.. its empty.. doesn't have nothing really on there going on.. i dont like that

And also i dont like how the menu is really small and just pushed to the left side of the screen

its just my thoughts though.. the design is tight.. i just dont like the placement!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 4th 2003#111636 Report
I don't find the menu smaller than necessary - as for having something "going on" to the right...please - what would you have going on there? - It's clean, smooth, and it's made to go to the left of the page. It's also made to be seen on a 800/600 screen resolution.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 4th 2003#111640 Report
*pops into the thread*
Thanks for all comments.

And yeah, sketta, you're right about it being "empty on the right side", but the thing is that I made the layout in a fixed 750px width (for obvious reasons). So the right side "stretching" stuff is just extra, and to make it look nicer on larger resolutions.

I'm going to code it..thanks all.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 4th 2003#111641 Report
I was wondering when you were going to stop bye....
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 4 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum