TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

O E Zo ( personal online portfolio )

Page: 1 2 Reply
May 22nd 2003#104498 Report
so yeah, what ya think? lol

O E Zo _ Online
Reply with Quote Reply
May 22nd 2003#104509 Report
It's pretty nice...
just a bit too dark for my taste.
And I don't like that when you press the contact it just opens my e-mail prog...
There could be a form to fill out in there?
Those ppl you have painted are pretty awsome :D
Reply with Quote Reply
May 22nd 2003#104541 Report
i like everything except the email prog part that censured mentioned, i personally like the dark design,
Reply with Quote Reply
May 22nd 2003#104610 Report
I like. Just one question. What font did you use for the part that says "Layout wahtever" at the bottom?
Reply with Quote Reply
May 23rd 2003#104620 Report
I like the dark colors myself, but have a problem with the e-mail conteact it would slowdown peoples computers.
I like the art i have some scheches myself, maybe ill scan and paint some.

*opens up photoshop*
Reply with Quote Reply
May 23rd 2003#104630 Report
It looks alright, but its kindof open... I would add maybe more of a "layout" feel to it i guess, Other then that and the navigation text I think it looks pretty good...
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 27th 2003#119230 Report
thanks guys ... well, i know it's a bit late for it but haha... i made a few adjustments lol

http://www.thesketch.net/~oezo take a look
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 28th 2003#119300 Report
I have a question. Do you use a wacom to do the inkings? or do you scan an inked image? If you scan an inked image, how do you clear out the white bg to the pic? Your inkings are very clean.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 28th 2003#119323 Report
I liked it alot! It's clean & easy, but indeed very sweet to my eyes ;)

Nice graphics in the portfolio too!
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 28th 2003#119327 Report
Im about to tear it apart but dont take offense to that! (im famous for doing this lol) See it as a learning experience lol

1) The Iframe. Iframes are crap to begin with...but i hate to scroll on a page...only to scroll more in the iframe. If you cant limit your news to the space provided...then create a news archive page like many other sites.

2)Get rid of the URL in your header. First it looks ugly...second its meaningless. "http://www.thesketch.net/~oezo/" is not very easy to remember like a short .com name is.

3) The shadow on your layout is very strange. It makes the site appear @ a odd angle...like your light source is on the floor. Also it makes everything too dark. Most of your layout is made with thin dark lines...so why have thick dark lines? And almost all of your website is very 2d/flat.....so keep it that way and get rid of the small 3d effect.

4) Where it says "Online portfolio Evolved" thats WAY too big. You want that feature to be more like an accent...not a news headline. Its also very distracting from logo/background pic (the face). Make it smaller...maybe about 14 px or similar.

5) Navigation needs work. " :// " isnt needed. It doesnt look very attractive and clutters up the text. If there is one thing on a site that you want readable....its your navigation. Also the links are too close to each other....which make them even harder to read. You have lots of empty space on either side of the links...so put that to good use.

6) The "site designed by me" at the bottom is not needed either. If its your portfolio...then its a given that its your site. You dont need to advertise yourself...cause your work is already there for ppl to see.

7) Also on the bottom with those diff. shapes...just get rid of them and complete the rectangle shape. They are somewhat distracting and are far enough down the page that there isnt any more content to see

Just as some suggestions/ideas....try incoperating more graphics. As fusiun said (waaaaay up there ^ ) it has that "open" feel. Also you could add color...or if you like that grayscale theme...then try experimenting with more shades of gray.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum