TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

!This is exciting!

Page: 1 2 Reply
Jun 29th 2001#7060 Report
Now this is cool.

I know all you Linux people and Windows-haters will not agree, but I like Microsoft, so what can I say.

And this should probably go under a "Cool News" section, and not "Cool Sites", but I didn't know where else to put it.

Good news!!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 29th 2001#7109 Report
I like linux better but Gates and microsoft are ok with me, even kinda cool, I cant wait to get my hands on the x-box.

Anyway i'd like to recomend a movie called "pirates of silicon valley"

*quoted*
If you are intersted in the history of the computer industry this has to be a must see.

Mainly about Steve Jobs of Apple and Bill Gates of Microsoft and their struggle to be the top in the computer world.

The best scene has to be where Bill Gates is trying to sell IBM the operating system MS DOS, which he hasn't even writen yet.. He then tells IBM that he wants to keep the rights to the software and the guys at IBM tell him fine because there is no money to be made in software and all the money is in the hardware.....
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 29th 2001#7119 Report
Well I only saw the 2nd half of the movie when they played it on like TBS or whatever channel it was on when it was on TV, but I thought it was mighty interesting. DOWN WITH APPLE!!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 30th 2001#7157 Report
You guys got to see anti trust
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 30th 2001#7175 Report
And I quote from the article
But the unanimous 7-0 decision upheld the lower court ruling that Microsoft is a monopoly and illegally tried to maintain that position

The Anti-Trust laws are clear. Either some court is going to have to overturn the ruling that MS is a monopoly, or eventually MS will have to be broken into smaller companies.

It happened with 'ma' bell, It will happen again. As for being an MS hater...I love Microsoft. What else would I get paid 15 bucks an hour to fix? Strange how I have never gotten a phone call to repair someones linux server/client.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 30th 2001#7183 Report
I have a love - hate relationship with microsoft :P, I need windows to run all the good applications / games but I have windows 98 which seems to like to eat up my ram, and its default shell is horrible :(

Although its better for the economy if they get split up .

BTW: I love your sig 0blivious
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 30th 2001#7198 Report
Well Obl., the reason you have to fix peoples Win boxes is because 90% of the people that run windows only know how to turn the computer on, and open Solitare.

The people that run Linux have the time and patience to deal with setting something like that up. The people that run Linux are computer gurus, you basically HAVE to be to run it. Those people can fix their own problems (whether they have any or not, I don't know).

But the "general" population of people that run Win couldn't tell you what the difference was between RAM and a hard drive, nevertheless troubleshoot their own problems.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 1st 2001#7233 Report
lmao!!!

apparently cisco engineers get paid the most followed by sun engineers followed by other varying linux distro engineers and somewhere down the bottom is ye old microsoft engineer.

sad but true ;)

but hey i couldnt have spent the last 12 hours at a lan party playing counter strike and tribes on my linux box, and nor can i get PS or any of the other progs i use on linux (though i did get *maya* the other day which is cool)...
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 1st 2001#7241 Report
Monopoly...no, Ologopoly....yes. I don't see how anyone can say that Microsoft has cornered the market on browsers, Netscape doesn't seem to be hurting for customers. Doesn't the US government have more burning issues to deal with? I really have little interest in corporate politics. I am, however, concerned with the products they produce. I currently use, and reboot, Win98 and dream of the day I own my MAC G4. I have only owned one Windows computer and several Apple's. This will be my last PC.
Later,
Justin
*PS-"Pirates of Silicon Valley" was actually a cool made for tv movie.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 1st 2001#7249 Report
I'll stick with my Win box for a long time yet. As soon as this old piece of junk takes a little trip to plastic heaven, I'm buying another one. But mainly because I have so much money invested in hardware and software made for Win boxes. If I didn't have $7000 invested in this scrap pile, I might consider Linux, but I'm a poor white trash guy with no money.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum