TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Need feedback on my site plz

Page: 1 2 Reply
Nov 28th 2002#80243 Report
Hi all. I just uploaded the first version of my site, and since uploading it I realized that I already want to change it. I'm starting work on a lot of wallpapers so it all needs to be redesigned. Check it out though and let me know your thoughts. Thanks.

www.mob68.com
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 30th 2002#80426 Report
perhaps sticking with one color?
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 30th 2002#80430 Report
Originally posted by Zyconium
perhaps sticking with one color?

yeah^^
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 30th 2002#80465 Report
Hmm....
I don't think there's anything wrong with using lots of colors...as long as they fit together.

I must say that I'm kindof sick and tired of all these mixtures of scanlines and grids.. if you use them, make them fade away here and there, and make them very low opacity.

The header is just too chaotic, and doesn't mix with the background at all.

I don't know what it is...nothing seems to hang together on this layout... Maybe it's the fact that you've got too many different styles and textures there.. Like the "techy" grids and scanlines, and then have photos on some flag, and then a some kind of marmor-ish navigation panel thingie... You can't mix everything at once. ;)

<-- my 651156 cents. :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 30th 2002#80466 Report
Colorscheme:

you made some weird choices when choosing a colorscheme. This causes your site to look really chaotic and unprofessional.

resolution:

in the bottom you have something like 'best viewed in 800 x 600', it's not true. I have to scroll alot on this old laptop of mine. To me it seems like you just put it there because it looks cool or something, so people will think you know what you are talking about...

the images look really filtertastic and overworked.
Take the first page for example, well not the splash page, but what comes after that... that big wallingford image. There is nothing in there that draws my attention because there are too much colors and stuff. And bevels look bad too.

splash page:

why!!!???? It doesn't contribute to your site.

don't feel sad because of my comments, I'm just trying to make this world a better place, one step at a time... :p
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 30th 2002#80477 Report
I appreciate all your comments. Thanks. I have taken note of everything everone has said. It's all good. I do have way too many styles in there and a lot of chaos. I'm working on simplifing everything and keeping it minimilistic somewhat. "NL", you think the graphics are overworked? I actually didn't use a lot of filters on any of them, I try not to. The splash page dose have to go however. I'll have to check on the res again for the page not to scroll. I checked it a few different ways and it seemed to work. Oh well. Thanks all.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 4th 2002#81019 Report
Ok. I have updated and changed the look and feel of my site. I have taken all comments into consideration and would like some feed back on the revised version. Please note and keep in mind, that I have not yet finished it, but I have the basic layout I'm going for. Please let me know.

Thanks.

http://www.mob68.com/
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 4th 2002#81020 Report
I love it alot and alot better! It is well themed now...
I still think you could improve your text effects in your top banner, they look kind of cheesy. If you make those text effects blend in better the site will be pretty good...

Perhaps fix your splash too... I had to scroll to find your enter button. (i'm on 800 x 600). And the enter button is tiny!
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 4th 2002#81021 Report
NL. I'm using a loading layer prior to the images coming into view. Perhaps that's the scrolling problem. It's 100%, which really shouldn't be a problem. Well, I'll keep working on it. Any ideas on the font? I kinda like the small ones, but I'll take any suggestions where I can get them. I think I'll make the enter button more evident, or just throw in an auto re direct.

Thanks again.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 4th 2002#81022 Report
the navigation font is fine... just the font at top looks cheesy. I have no idea what kind of font you should use, a good one would be my bet ;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum