TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Resolution check...feed back and ummm,... stuff

Page: 1 2 Reply
Jun 19th 2001#6262 Report
Here is a little something I'm working on right now. Only 1 of the navigation items work on the server its on right now. That being the "Calendar" button.

Give it a looking over and Please let me know:

a) what Browser you are using..make and version

b) what platform OS you are on (ie.. Mac, PC)

c) how horribly bad it looked once you put your glasses on. :D

Also, I have decided to re-vamp the entire right side of the site with the addition of an element or two (hot babes), Via the customer's request. So I would entertain any ideas on that.

http://home.hiwaay.net/~cbutts/site_portfolio/Hotstuff_site/hotstuff3.html

Thanks.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 19th 2001#6263 Report
PC (of course)
IE 5.0 and Opera 5 (yes there is a browser called Opera)
166Mhz 24mb (barely enough to run photoshop 5.5)

It looked the same in both browsers except in Opera the scroll menu thing didn't work. And Opera is suppose to use all the current stantards for HTML and Javascript so maybe look into that ...

And for the look of the site itself maybe change the text color it is a little hard to read and the buttons are a little simple I know there is a rollover but it covers up the text and it is hard to read. The only thing I don't like about it is I completey despise the color red :D so not really a big deal just my personal taste. Oh yeah one last thing get rid of the "Stuff" you don't need that. That's all.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 19th 2001#6265 Report
I agree, I'm not a fan of alot of red in webpages either.. but I guess thats just an opinion. Im on MIE 5.5 w/ Win98. The mouseovers seem a bit big to me and on top of that hard to read. Im at a 1280 x 1024 resolution and they seemed a bit big so i switched into 800x600 really quick to see how it looked and w/ my browser maximized they took up alot of space. I like the layout of information alot though, I would brighten up that gray text though. On another point, the flames, eyecandy?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 19th 2001#6266 Report
Very spacious links

IE 5.xx win 98 everything worked perfectly..

The red.. it burns... my eyes.. the googles.. they do nothing..
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 19th 2001#6277 Report
One word on bright red as a bg colour; no. Use a pallette red, perhaps. What you have just looks horrible.

The only legible part of your site is the menu, which is too big anyway (it looks big in 1024x768... god knows about lower resolutions).

The border just bad web design; it doesn't wrap around the text (simple test of changing the text size to largest in ie5) and the low quality jpeg just looks rough and amateurish.

And some of your links don't work.

I don't mean to sound too harsh though, it is a decent attempt at a web page; I'll be interested to see the finished article.

Oh yeah: Celeron 700, MS2000 Professional, ie5.5
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 19th 2001#6283 Report
I agree with most of the other comments. I'm using a PC with IE 5.5. The scroller worked, but the target seems a bit small. My mouse is on part of the arrow to scroll, but it still doesn't work. Have to move the mouse around to hit the right spot to make the scroller work. Maybe make the target fill up the entire arrow instead of just a little piece of it.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 19th 2001#6286 Report
Browser: Internet Explorer 5.5?
Top of the line (forget specs)
Whoa dee red... it es hurtin meh eyes!! Me no like! Well I have a test to attend to (last dae of skool yey!!) So refer to Pip's reply for the rest of my speech. All in all not bad...not bad...
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 19th 2001#6290 Report
wow.. thats red!!

browser : 5.?

pc running 1280x1024 :D

the top mouseover is messed up. the news scroller kinda sorta cuts off a little bit of the bottom of the text. and I spy eyecandy.. :p

but ya gotta tone down the red! :eek:

Snore
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 20th 2001#6338 Report
Thanks for the replies.
Yes, yes its eyecandy....fast, easy...and just what was asked for. ;)
I didn't expect anyone to like the red, but the client does and that is all that matters.

Large (maybe too large) navigation.... yeah, that's something I do...I can't stop....I don't know why!.. LOL!

deker: I noticed that myself, I am going to make the "sweetspot" bigger. I noticed about a 8 pixel shift in those layers between browsers. So making the area larger should take care of it.

Again thanks for all the replies

even, Deusy:

I don't mean to sound too harsh though, it is a decent attempt at a web page...

Part time, last year, I made "almost" equal to one quarter of my yearly income from a job I have experience in doing since 1987. Sound as harsh as you want, its a decent attempt at supplementing my income. ;)

And some of your links don't work.

I addressed that in my initial post.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 22nd 2001#6586 Report
*float*

It's still red...
but I have alot of the content up there now....
several of the navigation buttons I still have disconnected for numerous reasons, but would a few of you good people thumb thru the content and give it a lookin' over?...oh yeah....and the model page is up now

*edit*
Ack!.....you are gonna need this.
http://hotstuffmag.com

and with that....*insomnia off*
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum