TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

School Yearbook Cover

Page: 1 2 3 Reply
Jun 12th 2001#5763 Report
I don't like the BG. For a cover, I would do a mild color and then bright text. The text doesn't look that good either. I like the mustang. It's very very nice.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 12th 2001#5796 Report
hey guys, thanks for the replies, I appreciate it.Here is another one with the bkg a lot quieter and the text fixed.......let me know what you think.:D
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 12th 2001#5802 Report
from now on just post links, don't post the actuall image in the forums...

Snore
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 12th 2001#5803 Report
In all actuality, I would use the school colors for the background.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 13th 2001#5804 Report
I miss the flames!!!!! I liked those flames. I think you should take your primary school color and use it as the BG color and leave it a solid block....no texture. Remember, filters are great, you just don't need to filterize everything....it becomes too busy. Again, the font, I think you should carefully choose several fonts and try each one and see what works best. The font you have is not a sophisticated font for a college....a bit too whimsical. It is your image, however, and it still looks quite nice.
Later,
Justin
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 13th 2001#5806 Report
ill post links next time....

I still might do the flames, our colors are black and purple.

We arew a high school on a college campus, so thats how we got our name. I have a problem with a plain bkg for some reason. ill figure somethin out.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 13th 2001#5832 Report
Way Cool!!

I really like the purple!! I think that if you perhaps blurred the purple texture a bit that it would give something other than the flat color but still get the idea across that there is texture.

The flames are sort of cheap looking. So you can can them.

I would also blur the white behind the text too and make the text darker so that it stands out more. As the white is what takes the attention and not the text.

Is that Mott or Matt??

The gel effect is cool but makes the text a little harder to read. Where the text is thin the gel doesn't show up very well. You may want to thinken up the thinner areas.

I would also increase the size of the 2001-2002 part. And the one is very light and sort of fading into the background. The text should all be easily read.

But other than those suggestions I do have to say that I would be very proud to get a year book looking like that if I went to your school!!

Great Job!!!!!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 13th 2001#5858 Report

Maybe do the flames in the 'mane' area only -- or wait, what about doing the flames for the mane in black and purple?

:D
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 13th 2001#5867 Report
black and purple flames....Mmmmm yummy, but what color could the bkg be? I need good contrast between the two.....
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 13th 2001#5868 Report
You should just do a simple background... like a TWIRL! for an example, click here... only you could make it black and purple or something.

Or you could just have simple random shapes of black and purple for the background, or whatever colors

Just my 2 cents
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum