TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

New Site

Page: 1 2 Reply
Sep 2nd 2002#67309 Report
I took 3 hours of my time tonight to create this design. I know its nothing special but I really want some comments or something.

Also, i have a question: Why does the font seem to be centered? Its weird and Im kinda confused. I abviouslly want it on top...

ALmost forgot, the adress is http://www.geocities.com/kobe8world/crystaldesign.html

Any info/comments are appreaciated...
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 2nd 2002#67345 Report
I get some runtime error. The design is too plain, needs more stuff on it since there's too much empty space around. The typography needs work also.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 2nd 2002#67375 Report
I know it's a wanted thing to only have black and grey, but I do think you shoud have at least 1 other color, even if it's only in small touches!

the texte on nav is hard to read (dark grey on dark grey)

as for texte being centered, try adding a valign="top" in td tag
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 2nd 2002#67376 Report
Would agree in spirit with the previous comments. Not really very polished at the moment. As already suggested some more accent colour(s) would be good. The Navigation is also too dominant on the page.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 2nd 2002#67387 Report
make it lok more interesting, add more stuff
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 2nd 2002#67398 Report
Thanks for your comments.
I would really appreaciate some opinions on what I should do.
I cant really find a color that goes with white and gray too well...maybe light green?
Also what should i do to spice up the look a little? I know the logo/banner have to change but any other opinions?

Thanks.

BTW - I want it pretty plain but not too plain. if u know what i mean.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 2nd 2002#67402 Report
..hmm.
Yeah, too plain indeed. It really just needs more details.
I don't know if I understand correctly, but seems to me that you're going to use this site for selling design-services..In that case sorry to say, it won't do very well.

If you sell services within design, you need color and life on your site. And what's most important, show your skills in graphic design, as well as look reliable and creative.

I suggest you start over, with a more colorful thought.
Try not to cheese things up with old "cheap" effects like the 45 degree corners, trendWhore crystal-shapes, sci-fi fonts and beveled titles.

Another thing that caught my eye was the huge gap between the header and the navigation/content - box. It just eats space, and leaves an ugly white spot there.

Don't worry tho.. you'll get it right. :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 2nd 2002#67404 Report
I dont really wanna sell designs...I was just working on something because I was bored as hell...hehe
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 2nd 2002#67412 Report
try adding a dark red or something that would look really good... I agree with pretty much everyone else, about the colors, shapes, etc... and i think pavvo has a point... just start over with another, more colorful design, but if you dont want to then dont it yours site :D

But i think that if you add a color or two, it would make it look much better... :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 2nd 2002#67416 Report
BTW, ill do another design but what do u think of the general idea of this one? Should i do something simular or completelly different?
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum