TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Interface Design Comments?

Page: 1 Reply
Jun 8th 2001#5464 Report
I did this last weekend, and before I work on it again and, knowing me, rip the whole thing down and beat it with a stick, I’m wondering what you people think of it.

I might put some sort of banner/name/text on the top of the page instead of the interface part that just sort of stops. Maybe the actual name of the site.

This would be the main page, the subpages will be one box instead of two, or make other various shapes depending on the content.

Yes, i realize its VERY blue. Blue always works for me and i can always change the hue later when i work in blue. What color it might be i dunno. Some dark pastels or a "trend orange" color are in the lead so far in my mind.

Either way you get the basic idea how things work. What do you think? Comments, suggestions death threats and random proposals of marriage always accepted

Interface
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 8th 2001#5466 Report
I really like the design and I like the blue. But I would use more dark blue than that bright blue it tends to get annoying to look at.

Nice work over all!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 8th 2001#5467 Report
Yah, darker is the plan if i decide to keep it blue. I just randomly pick colors, then when the design is down i mess w/ the hue and contrast.

Moran from guistuff.com had basically the same suggestions, the colors he picked are really growing on me too http://www.guistuff.com/stuff/examp2.gif

thanks for your comments
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 8th 2001#5477 Report
Everything seems a little small...like the area you'd have to write in, although the design looks good. If I'd have to pick out of the two, I'd definatly go with the grey. I think the blue is a little bright and intense. All in all nice werk!!!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 9th 2001#5478 Report
Everything was kept small for a reason. The site is just purely informational and there isn't a whole lot of information either. The boxes will be expandable for those few pages that do have alot of text. The subpages would include just one big box instead of the split two, which is the "main" page which will just be a stupid welcome message and babble and a couple lines of "whats new"

Color is definatly going to be toned down Thanks for your comments.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 9th 2001#5480 Report
I saw it at Guistuff but didn't post.

I really like it, It's clean and well though out. I wonder could you use the space under the logo and to the right of it for something though? Have you planned on anything being in those areas?
The color of the one moran put up was pretty cool.

I would really like to see it when you decide on the final color.

I also noticed you had it ripped (before it was even finished!) on another forum. :(
I still can't believe that.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 9th 2001#5484 Report
Yah it was the big laugh of the day. Someone ripps off a design and than posts it on the SAME board. Duh we would find out, i mean definatly a duh situation.

Thanks glad you like it. One of the suggetions i'm trying to get is what to do w/ the space around the logo. Maybe i'll put some useless line art around the logo...who knows i'll post and update when i work on it again
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 10th 2001#5621 Report
I like the grey much better. Blue's are hard to look at after awhile, and it seems like everyone is using the blues now.

For the top where the logo is, how about grids or lines that fade into the current color?? Just my thought.

Lastic
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 11th 2001#5699 Report
Yah well that was a piss poor plan "yah i know i'll work on my site this weekend"

later
later
later
oh holy @#$ its monday already

Actually for grids, well once person suggested i needed "padded walls" so i thought so should my website. It didn't REALLY give the impression of a padded walls but i did sorta like the grid idea, i was gonna play with that a bit this weekend but my attention span broke and i only became consious sometime around 7am this morning.

http://www.illminds.com/interface2h.gif
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum