TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

"Should not see me" end task?

Page: 1 2 Reply
Mar 2nd 2003#93730 Report
well ...no. I only just updated the nforce chipset yesterday, and i had upgraded the nvidia det a week or so ago. winupdate i just did a few days ago, so i already had installed everything.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 2nd 2003#93740 Report
It could be a hardware conflict.... I would go and get the latest drivers for everything - not from microsoft, but from the manufacturer. Generally I use microsoft drivers as a last resort. and XP has had a share of problems since it came out, so the manufacturers are on the ball to make sure their hardware doesnt conflict with XP.
But when I do a fresh install I first download the necessary service pack, then check the microsoft site for security updates, and dont download the ones that have had problems. I never use Microsoft Update - just go to their site and do it yourself. Then I make sure the paging is not on the OS drive (the virtual ram disk space.) Then I get rid of the Recycle bin. Then I get all the latest drivers for all my hardware. Then I start adding the applications. It makes it a bit time consuming sometimes, but I find I hardly ever see errors anymore. - although I am still using windows 2k, which has almost all of the bugs fixed. That is my routine generally. But with a search for the "You should not see me" doesnt seem to be a virus or anything deadly. If you want to be sure you can download this application:
http://www.protect-me.com/freeware.html
and check to make sure you dont see any ports running that shouldnt be. The majority of dangerous virus/trojans transmit to someone else so you'd see a suspicious port open. If you dont know about a port just type in the service that is running it in google and it will tell you all about it.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 3rd 2003#93795 Report
hmm...ok thanks alot. but i'm pretty sure everything is updated as well, who knows i'll check though.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 23rd 2003#96660 Report
are you running a network or have installed new drivers? I'm pretty sure it's not a virus but rather something Windows goofed on with the drivers update.

i found this forum about the issue:
http://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread/t-781.html

and i got this from a network site:

"New version of Windows installer that should prevent "you should not see me" dialog boxes when installing Workstation on a Windows 2000 host operating system or installing VMware Tools inside a Windows 2000 guest operating system"

http://www.vmware.com/support/ws2/doc/whatsnew_ws_win.html

I wouldn't stress over it though and I don't think it deserves a reformatting of your harddrive.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum