TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

"Should not see me" end task?

Page: 1 2 Reply
Mar 2nd 2003#93623 Report
ok...i thought i was free of these errors when i got the new comp, but apparently i was wrong. Just now when i was about to restart the computer an end task pops up trying to close "Should not see me" i did a google+groups search and I see some other people get it too. Only problem was there was only 1 post in english, the rest were foreign.
So, anyone else see this? and what the hell is it?

thanks
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 2nd 2003#93632 Report
probably a virus... haha. silly windows user. i've never heard of that though.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 2nd 2003#93657 Report
weird.... what did that one post say about it? Have you checked microsoft's search?

What OS are u using anyways? - XP? 2k? You can check the error logs, which should have a link to the microsoft database that defines the error, whether it is understandable is another thing. Admin tools --> Event Viewer.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 2nd 2003#93658 Report
oh sorry, yea windowsXP. I had gone to the microsoft site but didnt find anything. I'll try that admin tools. thanks
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 2nd 2003#93660 Report
I tried to look for it as well - Symantec, google, microsoft, dogpile, etc. but didnt find anything on that message.... hmmm - do you still have that link you found on Google?

Does it happen frequently or just once?
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 2nd 2003#93663 Report
do you use tweakui?
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 2nd 2003#93665 Report
nope...i use no tweaks of any kind. i can try get the link from google. It's only happened once on this comp, but it's happened alot before on my old comp. the only things i've downloaded on this comp are:
AIM
Updates from Winupdate
game demos
leapFTP
CS update
half life Update
quicktime
nvidia dets/nforce drivers
and keyboard driver

google link:
Google Search: winxp and "should not see me"

Google Search: windows xp and "should not see me"
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 2nd 2003#93671 Report
One thing is a possibility, but I am not sure on, windows doesnt wipe out all the boot files when you re install over an existing partition, you have to run a boot file that wipes out the drive before you install. So there could be something written to that sector from your previous install. Next time you install you can boot up in dos and then wipe out your drive before re installing.
Also, I would turn off Automatic Update and just manually install those updates yourself. Microsoft has a history of releasing updates with bugs. You can see what problems have occured with each update if you do it manually. - but mabye you did that....
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 2nd 2003#93680 Report
hmm...so i'll have to do a clean clean install? and yea i try do just dl the stuff myself through preference and i do that through browser as well.thanks
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 2nd 2003#93697 Report
I wouldnt do a clean install now, I was just trying to think of some possible reasons. I have a dos file somewhere that is called CLEARHDD that wipes out harddrives. I can get you a copy, but you would need a boot disc of some sort - like a win 98 boot disc, to boot into dos to run it.

Do you install the updates --> then the drivers --> before installing any software?
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum