TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Blocked Ports

Page: 1 2 3 4 Reply
Feb 20th 2003#91814 Report
who is ur isp if it’s university/college network then they might block all ports. Chk wit ur isp first tell u friend to configure his server to some other port and try to access it
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 20th 2003#91815 Report
Are the others trying to access it from the LAN or over the Internet. Just remember to clarify how you are connecting to the server or what not because connecting on a LAN and connecting on the Internet are a bit different.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 20th 2003#91819 Report
yea on lan uses netBEUI to share files but u cant do tat wit internet u have to use the tcp /ip
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 20th 2003#91824 Report
you only use netBEUI if you add it to your protocol. I think by default you are just using tcp/ip as your LAN connection.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 20th 2003#91826 Report
netBEUI is the M$ protocal U need tat to share files on a local lan I dont think u can share files wit tcp/ip just like tat U need a server software to share wit tcp/ip I might be wrong
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 20th 2003#91827 Report
Check your LAN properties. It will show M$ Client, File/Printer Sharing, and tcp/ip. Hit install --> add protocol --> there should be a list of protocols that you can add, and one is netBEUI. so its not on by default. The main reason is it only works with Microsoft computers and I think it is pretty insecure as well. I dont mess with it so I dont know much about it.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 21st 2003#91829 Report
I cant use Client, File/Printer Sharing wit out netBEUI enabled
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 21st 2003#91840 Report
i am trying to do this all on the internet now, no network or anything
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 21st 2003#91862 Report
I guess what i was trying to find out Mi Lo Fu is how are your friends connecting to the server, because you said you are not able to, so we ruled that out, but are the others going over the net as well?
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 21st 2003#91866 Report
Originally posted by kds
I cant use Client, File/Printer Sharing wit out netBEUI enabled

You shouldnt have to enable netBEUI for file and printer sharing. netBEUI is used the way tcp/ip is (they are not the same, but you would use it to connect to other computers like you do with tcp/ip)
You might have netBIOS enabled, which works on LANs, but not over the internet.

Here is a little ditty I grabbed off the net:

"Because NetBIOS does not contain a mechanism for routing data outside its LAN, applications communicating on a segmented network (often called an enterprise network) or WAN (Wide Area Network -- the Internet is a WAN) must use a "transport protocol" such as IPX or TCP/IP.

The IPX (Internetwork Packet eXchange) protocol, enabled by default on Win/NT machines, is comparable in function to IP. IPX establishes the format of network data packets and like TCP/IP, can serve to implement NetBIOS over a larger network.

NetBIOS is typically paired with a protocol called NETBEUI (Netbios Extended User Interface), an extension of NetBIOS which also serves to implement NetBIOS over a WAN."
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 4 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum