TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Young Age = Good Age

Page: 1 2 Reply
May 28th 2001#4471 Report
Well to that 12 year old post, i have to say, that Im really shocked at some of the conversation going on. Though running rampant in the neighborhood is fine, I think its good for kids to use the computer, it could really pay off for them.

Heck I started doing web design at age 12 and I know many who has started many technical computer skills at a young age and I'd totally emphasize for it.

If you have a skill that your good at, I.E. basketball, football, computers, etc. you go do it.

Heck I know lots of young kids right now who are dreaming of what corporate deals to pull off, pitching sales rates, calling up companies, asking for company mergings, and etc. at such a young age and you know they have something going for them.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 28th 2001#4477 Report
not entirely. I dreamed of these things too. I remember when I was a kid, I used to think of ways to make money, be successful, etc. But why? Sheesh, you are 14 or 15 years old. Why are you worrying about those things then? You have 3 or 4 years before you will have to worry about what you are going to do with the rest of your life.

Hell, I'm 24 years old, I still don't know what I am going to do with the rest of my life. I know what I want to do, but my ideas change. As of right now, I am a network technician and a freelance Network Administrator. That doesn't mean I want to do this. Just means I am doing what my skills allow me to put food on the table.

I think the point the other thread was trying to make was that young kids (12 - 18) spend too much time on the computer. Great, you are learning webdesign. If that's what you want to do, then do it. But don't spend so much time inside, on the computer, forming relationships with people you will never meet. You have all your teenage years ahead of you do hang out with friends. I wish I could go back to my teenage years. Man, I had it so easy. All I had to do was wake up, go to school, go to my after school job for three hours then come home.

Now, what do you have waiting for you when you join the adult world.
1- Wake up around 6 am or sooner for your job. Gotta be there early. Everyday!
2- While working your day to day job, you gotta worry about bills, creditors and other people who want money from you.
3- Eventually get home. For me, its around 6 or 7 at night. There is not such thing as an 8 - 5 job anymore.
4- Pay those bills that you worried about all day.
5- Groceries. Man, i remember when I lived with my mom. Food in the fridge all the time. Snackfoods everywhere. I bitched cause there was "nothing to eat". More like, nothing I wanted. Now I am lucky to get a pound of hamburger meat and some mac and cheese.

So you see, there's no reason to hurry and grow up. All of these things will be waiting for you when you get to them.

You may be fortunate enough to either have parents that you can spunge off of or you will get a high paying job right out of highschool. The later being less likely, since most employers want someone with marketing skills and a bachelors degree. There are some exceptions to that as well. Just depends if you live or move to one of the markets where they need technicians, artists or marketers badly, and will take anyone they can.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 28th 2001#4478 Report
Ok, I am one of those gusy you are arguing about, I'm seventeen years old, and I spent some time on my computer, cause I think I'm pretty good at doing graphics and I want to be good at webdesign too. I know I have it in me, now all I have to do is get it out.

When you're young you learn best right? So why learn just maths an biology, when you're interests are somewhere else. Heres what my weel looks like:

Monday
Get up at about 7 am, go to school around eight. Go home at 3 pm, eat and spent some time behind the computer. Eat again around 6 pm and go to soccer practice from 7 pm till 9 pm, then have some fun with the team.

Tuesday
Same thing, but instead of going to soccer practice I work from 5 pm till 8 pm, after that talk and have fun with collaegues and go home by 9 pm.

Wednesday
Same as monday

Tuesday/ Friday
Same as tuesday.

Saturday
Get up LATE!!!! Prepare for a big match of soccer; leave home around 11 am, get home by 6 pm. Eat, get behind the computer and go out by 11 pm, get home at 4 am or something like that.

Sunday, nothing to do, I'm behind the computer alot that day, so what, once a week!

Besides that I play soccer with some friends, just for fun, several times a week.

You see, quite a normal life I'd say, and I'm pretty happy with it.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 28th 2001#4479 Report
Actually, Im not arguing. I am stating my points and my opinion.

also, studies have shows that after 13 years of age, the human mind has already developed so much that 'easy' learning is no longer possible. Hence why a 12 year old can learn a foreign language easily, but someone who is 14 or 15, they may have some diffuculty. Unless that is, they are already borderline genius or study alot.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 28th 2001#4480 Report
I'm not english, so arguing = talking. They tought me English after I was twelve see :D:D
Reply with Quote Reply
May 28th 2001#4481 Report
though the attitude of saying "i can do this later" when you know you can do something now. Its to some extent procrastination (okay so sue me if i cant spell it) of sorts.

But you have to look at all the people who have suceeded in life, they were the people who eagerly jumped on anything, never feared or awaited upon anything.

Many started young and early, heck Bill Gates started qbasic when he was very young and worked on computers constantly as a teen, he also worked very hard to gain his stature.

Many young kids today (the successful ones) work their asses off and most get repaid for their cause and it will show off in the future.

Hey, they can peek early retirement at 30
Reply with Quote Reply
May 28th 2001#4489 Report
Devil, I think you type very good english for someone who has it as thier second language.

It's been my experience that most foreign people speak better english than some americans. That aside from the use of american slang and other american terminology.

Bill Gates. *sigh*. If you call buying DOS for #50,000 working hard. I doubt Bill Gates has done any programming at all since the release of win3.1. His hard work has been more of killing out smaller competitors while making his company the most powerful OS company on the planet. Heck, he even dupped IBM and Apple. Apple dupped Xerox for the gui and Gates pretty much stole that from them.

Bill Gates is a brilliant business man. A techno-tychoon, not really.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 28th 2001#4503 Report
I agree with Oblivious.

I think you should be a kid while you can. When you are older, you will terribly regret not having fun while you still could, and you will ALWAYS yearn to be young again. I'm only 21, and I wish I could go back to being 12 when I didn't have a care in the world except homework. I would do anything to be able to go back to that time...I hate working for a living. Is as much as I enjoy making money, I still hate the
Reply with Quote Reply
May 29th 2001#4528 Report
i'm 24 and i still spend my time chasing squirrels around the yard with a board (with a nail in it) ...

if you want to spend all your free time on a computer go ahead. if you don't, that's fine too.

and enough complaining about having to wake up early, pay rent, and do your own laundry! get over it!
Reply with Quote Reply
May 29th 2001#4571 Report
lol, well he learned to be a good business man at a young age hehe, but heck, imo running around chasing squirrels is rater, dumb.... :P We have to remember each generation is different with different ethics enforced upon them.

Much ethics has changed with the pops doing work and the mom being the housemaid who ushers her son out the house to go play with paint or something :P

Todays standard neither parents are home in this economy that stimulates a roller coaster, standards change, and many see that the way many become successful to enjoy a good life is to start early.

Heck, some might enjoy working business deals
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum