TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Charm, deker, and whomever else...

Page: 1 2 Reply
May 4th 2001#2890 Report
I was just wondering... about how many hours does it take each of you to redesign a site from start to finish on average?
Reply with Quote Reply
May 4th 2001#2894 Report
Hmm... okay, I just realized that's kind of hard to say because it depends on the site size and how many graphics you have to do. But I just mean like a regular ole informational site for a company or organization. Maybe about 12 pages total including home, logo, and simplistic GUI? Content is already there and mostly text info.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 4th 2001#2899 Report
I would say that if I had nothing else going on, (no meetings, other jobs, etc) ALL of the information that is going into the final site, and knew I wouldn't have to keep going back and changing stuff, (the client had an idea of what they want the site to look like) maybe 2 to 3 days. But I don't usually work 8 hours a day... I don't know really. It depends on if I'm just doing some graphics, or if that includes laying out everything else. Basically what I tell the client is that the site can be done in two weeks. That gives me a lot of time to get it right, get their ideas, get it approved, etc. I don't know, it's hard to say. Hope that gives you some idea though.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 4th 2001#2922 Report
Yeah... I'm just tryin' to get a feel for the average... how everyone else does this sort of thing. I usually charge a flat rate based on the size of the site and what kind of work will be put into it. Is that what you usually do or do you ever charge by the hour? If so, how much an hour?
Reply with Quote Reply
May 4th 2001#2932 Report
Yeah, I charge by the job. Depending on how much work, how many pages, blah blah. I charge by the hour to do updates, $40 an hour.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 5th 2001#2935 Report
I charge by the hour for anything I do. Whether it be giving someone some tips for thier site, helping fix thier computer basically anything computer related.

I charge from the time I get in my vehicle until i take my foot off the gas when I get hom after finishing the job.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 5th 2001#2940 Report
hmmm, 2 weeks is about right I'd say.

Less if everyone (the client) is on the same page and knows what the heck they really want.

As far as money, I charge a flat rate for the initial layout and html. The flat rate really depends on what is going into the site.

Past that, I charge by the hour for updates....
except for a couple of "weekly" update customers....(wednesday and Friday nights)

I bill them monthly
Reply with Quote Reply
May 5th 2001#2947 Report
Thanks for your input, guys! I have just been curious if I am still in the right range.

I don't mean to sound nosey or rude, but how much would you charge for a website like the one I described above? It's pretty basic and simple. And can you estimate about how long it would take you? Realistically. I mean like in combined hours (not days). Thank you so much!!!
Reply with Quote Reply
May 5th 2001#2949 Report
Just so you guys know, in case you didn't, it IS illegal in the U.S. to talk about prices (even in cases like this). This is there to prevent price-fixing between companies. Yes, I know, it is kinda' stupid if it applies to this, but they do have a point.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 5th 2001#2956 Report
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum