TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

What I did on summer vacation...

Page: 1 Reply
May 11th 2006#172713 Report
Or more appropriately, "What I've been doing since I stopped posting on TPS"

I'll go first:

I have moved almost every website I have designed over to a Content Management System. After playing with XOOPS, Nuke (in various flavors), Expression Engine, and Web Press; I have become a Joomla! ho'... http://www.joomla.org

Most recent sample >>> http://www.kouponkeeper.com ((live site, handle with care please))

That's just a hobby though. Professionally, I work with CAD, 3DSMax, and PS for conceptual bottle design in the packaging industry. The good news is that I've finally decided what I want to go back to school for (at 39 yrs old)... Industrial Design. Unfortunately, they want you to learn old school (board drawing). I think I'll get happy and scan something into PS for my final project and at least make it interesting. Maybe I'll just give up on the school and try to get professional certification as an Industrial Designer since this is basically what I've been doing for 16 years now.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 12th 2006#172719 Report
Expression Engine is the best. You just don't like paying for things.

Just like WoW is the best, but you don't like paying so you play Guild Wars.

And Macs are the best but you don't like paying so you build PCs out of superglue and bread-ties.

Silly silly Dan.

<3
Reply with Quote Reply
May 12th 2006#172721 Report
Silly silly Dan.[/QUOTE]

...which is basically to say, "Since I stopped posting @ TPS, I've spent all my spare time harassing DAN!" ~Dek
Reply with Quote Reply
May 12th 2006#172723 Report
Summer vacation hasn't even STARTED yet! I just moved into a new house about 5 weeks ago, and since it's been unusually cold and windy this spring, I've only played 3 rounds of golf. I spend about 12 minutes on the computer per day outside of work now, which is probably good for me.

Unfortunately, Joomla is PHP only, so I'm stuck using Atlas.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 12th 2006#172734 Report
Me... I've been busy starting a few new sites... Out of the three, only one was any good (http://www.forumsvibe.com) ... So a bit of wasted time there.

Really looking forward to the summer, as it will be my first full one in Spain.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 12th 2006#172736 Report
Ok I also mention the prep's for this summer rather than telling what I did ;

Nothing much. I also made a couple of website's...Too client heavy on decisions, though so I'm not entirly happy with any of them - BUMMER. Why can't they just let us decide, eh ?

I have brought out my mobile home. Tested it for three days on a fishing trip (caught 51 pikes) with two mate's. Washed it up and cleaned it out, and discovered some errors that must be taken care of before actually putting it up for rental...

Bought a new fishing rod (Jerkbait) and a case ful of baits to accompany this rod and tested this on the mentioned fishingtrip, hence the big catch ;)...

Gotten fatter, so I'll be able to MAKE place at the beach this summer...Can't understand the freaks that actually workout, and go trough diets in order to look good, hehe... I'll shove those people right into the water with my "It-looks-like-I-can-afford-to-eat" body

Patric.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 12th 2006#172742 Report
[QUOTE=malibu]...which is basically to say, "Since I stopped posting @ TPS, I've spent all my spare time harassing DAN!" ~Dek[/QUOTE]

I thought that was my job?

i have been...working on a new site for Jud Johnson (that's the old one), working on the intro for TWiT, doing some compositing on a short film project, doing a logo for another business, threatening to redesign my personal identity and site, and will probably soon be starting on two sites for a church (main site and youth ministry).

oh yeah, and i go to work at a real job too.

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
May 12th 2006#172747 Report
I've still been in school, (I'm a youngin') so I've been doing work and that stuff, looking at colleges and whatnot, haven't had TOO much time for design, but I do design for fun occasionally. Next year I will be doing page layout for my yearbook, so that should be pretty fun, lots of InDesign experience.

Since I stopped posting Derek has also influenced the crap out of me... (You can find me playing WoW on the Eonar server on my Mac mini.)

Edit:
, working on the intro for TWiT,

Go on...
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum