TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Site Annoucement :: New Partner for TPS

Page: 1 2 Reply
Mar 8th 2006#172266 Report
OK! I'm please to able to let you all know that we have a new partner for the development and day to day running of Team Photoshop.

As you may or may not know, I took ofver from Pank about eight months ago, and despite a redesign and a few other bits and pieces I don't think I really did a good job in servicing this site and producing new content.

So what we have done is found someone that will help breath some fresh life into TPS. He's not only really knowledagble with Photoshop, but also a great artist/digital artist and will be sharing some of that knowledge with our community here in the form of some much needed new tutorials.

There are many ideas being batted around between us at the moment and once these are settled upon we'll be posting what exactly is going on here in the forums.

So without further ado, welcome to Ant!
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 8th 2006#172269 Report
Thanks for that intro Rich.

I'm priveledged to have been given the opportunity to stamp my mark on such an established site as teamphotoshop, I used to visit here myself when I first started designing a number of years ago. As Rich has already mentioned we're currently working out some new ideas and methods to breathe new life into TPS, including a new front-end design which I'm currently working on.

I'd like to hear your thoughts and ideas on what you'd like to see on TPS, so feel free to email me:

[EMAIL="ant@designisruin.com"]ant@designisruin.com[/EMAIL]

or PM me here at the site.

If any of you are interested in viewing some of my past and current work then please feel free to take a look at my design studio site:

http://www.designisruin.com

I look forward to getting to know you all better, and hopefully give TPS a kick in the right direction.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 9th 2006#172273 Report

Pull up a stool, grab a cup o' coffee and tell us about yourself. We're as diverse as the day is long, and we welcome you!

Do only your close friends call you ant?
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 9th 2006#172285 Report
No my close friends call me Kant, but that's a completely different story and not one fit for public divulgence.

Well, as quick intro I'm a professional freelance designer from the South East of England, and I've been designing on-and off (clan websites, school projects, logos and bits of other tat) since I was 13. I only really discovered my skill for designing while I was doing my final degree project, a 44 page magazine on rock/ metal music which was extremely successful.

I became the art director for a video production company, however, I left after 6 months as I felt too restricted in my design options so I decided to go it alone, and have been ever since.

Some of my favourite works have been producing artwork for bands, such as US Emo band "Lokata", UK metal band "Size", US Rocker "Tommy Merry", among others. I used to produce complex photomanipulations in my spare time, unfortunately time and the pursuit of the almighty dollar put paid to that particular past-time.

In my spare time and when it isn't raining in this accursed land I skate, as I have been doing for nearly 6 years. Although an incident with a handrail recently ended up with a trip to the hospital and a large amount of fluid being drained from my elbow. Which was nice.

Other than that I work part-time at an alternative nightclub on the bar, enjoy far too many nights out on the booze, and am constantly trying to save enough money to continue with my tattoo sleeve on my right arm as it's a third done at present. So if anyone has a few thousand pounds they could donate for that cause, that would be great! :rolleyes:
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 16th 2006#172358 Report
Hello there welcome hope you can pump some life back into this place

First thing to do, get rid of these nast smilies!
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 21st 2006#172534 Report
Well so much for that partnership.

The latest news is it's just me at the helm again... But it's not all bad news! We still have the new design which we are half way through implementing and hopefully some new features which we will roll out with the new site.

While going through the forums today and merging and removing forums I did notice we do have more talent than that which just shows up in General Chat, so hopefully we'll be able to utliise or showcase that in a better way.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 21st 2006#172535 Report
Aww thats a bummer :(

Glad to hear the site is going to get a face lift - i really dont like the default skin thats on the forum, i think air_x should be default ;) Best of luck Rich!

EDIT: Whoa half the forum is gone. Bye bye 3d forum :(
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 21st 2006#172536 Report
Hey Cybling, yes my implementation of Rodder's initial design does suck. I can only apologise.

The new site format which Ant provided will fit in nicely with the default Vb skin (we'll just change the header) ... It sounds boring, but I think it will look good, and once done, I can think about customising from there.

The 3D forum is now located here:
http://forum.teamphotoshop.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29

Again, I'm open to comments if you think it should be done differently or if anything should be changed.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 21st 2006#172537 Report
Ahh i see, looking forward to the changes
Reply with Quote Reply
May 13th 2006#172763 Report
OMG I like LIVED on this forum and website way back when but college and other stuff came about and TPS wasn't my "home" anymore. But TPS is really what got me started on my photoshop obsession (which I still have). But anyways I had some random question about something and then I thought about TPS and decided to come back to see how it was going.... :( I'm sad! Pank or whoever left?! Whatever happens this website better not stop or I will cry! TPS WAS LIKE MY MOTHER TO MY GRAPHIC DESIGN TALENTS! Anyways just wanted to let people know this place means a lot to me and so don't let it go!!!

And the main page honestly scared me... I thought TPS was no more... :( *cries* GOOD LUCK WITH EVERYTHING and I will be checking up on this place all the time now!!! :mad: ;)
----
PS. if people don't remember me I was the kid who was obsessed with Lil' Kim and Christina Aguilera. lmfao
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum