TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Whoa.

Page: 1 2 3 Reply
Feb 21st 2006#172153 Report
I have to side with Dan. I hate monthly fees. That's why I won't join Netflix, or get Sirius. I pay my golf membership by the year, and my newspaper and magazine subscriptions by the year. My cable, of course, I pay by the month, but I hate it I tell you, I hate it.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 22nd 2006#172165 Report
Hey Dan, PM me or post that name of the clan, maybe I'll make a new char. What is it you hate about monthly feels, the fact that you feel the money being sapped away, like you paid for something and you have to continue to pay to use it or something else?

I think Guild Wars has an interesting business model in which they only get your money once and can maintain good servers with very little cheating. It is interesting to compare it to WoW in which there are insane server problems (I remember reading one was held hostage by a 'terrorist' clan the other day) and a lot of cheating problems. I suppose it can be argued that WoW has more users and Guild Wars has suffered these problems, but it seems that Guild Wars is able to fix them a lot faster and not charge you money to maintain your account.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 22nd 2006#172166 Report
WoW definitely has server problems occasionally, but you really can't even begin to compare the two games in terms of complexity, WoW is just tons more complex in almost every way (except graphics). For instance in WoW there are no loading times, and no unique instances for each player like in GW, other than when you go into a raid dungeon with 5 - 40 people. Besides that, everyone is out in the open world able to interact and talk to each other, etc.

On our server last night, we had the opening of the gates to a couple new dungeons, after the entire server collected materials for the "war" for about a month and a half. But we weren't really able to enjoy it because of all the lag, since hundreds of people were coming to the same place to watch the gates open. The server for that continent crashed 5 times, and the lag meant that it took about 10 seconds to cast a heal, making it basically unplayable. So that was a big disappointment. But other than that I'm obviously quite addicted to the game.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 22nd 2006#172176 Report
Yea, I must admit I hated the fact that the worlds in Guild Wars were only for the people in your party. I like running into people and helping them out, or just laughing at some n00b getting himself/herself destroyed. I guess I just got used to it in Guild Wars. Hm. Maybe I'll pick up another time card in WoW. Would you be willing to start a new character with me and level up together, as opposed to a level 60 just taking me everywhere? lol
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 22nd 2006#172177 Report
Sure man I'm always up for starting new characters. Only thing is that I'll usually be doing guild raids Sun-Wed, so I would be on my main character those nights, at least until about 10 or 10:30.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 27th 2006#172195 Report
BURNING BLADE HORDE (if you do start a new character )

Anyways, Derek, our gates opened today, our guild has already cleared the 20 man instance (cake walk) and tomorrow we begin on the 40 man.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 27th 2006#172196 Report
i've been through the 4th boss i think. pretty cool instance.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum