TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Team Photoshop Site Design Competition - And the winner is...

Page: 1 2 3 Reply
Sep 27th 2005#170610 Report
... Rodder! : http://64.235.243.92/~state/Projects/tpscontest01_fix.jpg

Thanks to everyone that entered. There was a large mix of entries, some tending towards a graphical based layout, and some towards plain tables.

In the end, I chase Rodder's for the following reasons...

1) Looks professional... It's structured and easy to follow.

2) Easy to skin. Because there are few graphics this will be easy to skin so we can possible provide TPS in a variety of colour formats all saved in a neat little cookie

3) Easy to work with... I felt that this design was going to be the easiest one for me to work with... In repsect to moving around elements, adding new ones etc...

So congratulations to Rodder, thanks again for everyone that took the time to enter. Rodder I will PM you with the next steps

Anyone, feel free to comment on the decision in this thread.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 27th 2005#170611 Report
Congratulations Rodder, well deserved.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 27th 2005#170613 Report
Yay, Rodder. Nice job. congrats.

Patric.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 27th 2005#170614 Report
Wow, thanks. I gotta say im a bit suprised. After my 2nd sumbission, I started to dislike this one a little thinking it may not have been as well thought out. Actually that's not really a problem cause I would like to see if I can develop this just a little further, no real structural changes just some spice/contrast. Though that may come from skinning.

Id be interested in what others think of it.

I know some think it lacks a little eye candy. Skinning may help that. Like the other day I got this crazy idea to make a "zebra" skin. Well it didn't work AT ALL (lol)...but it was quite something. Maybe that could be a contest? Or just have ppl submit there skins?
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 27th 2005#170616 Report
nice one
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 27th 2005#170617 Report
Congrats mate! I liked your entry quite a bit, and the eye candy part can be fixed by skinning it.

Since this is teamPHOTOSHOP I do feel the layout needs to have some finger licking eye candy.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 27th 2005#170618 Report
Congrats Rodder! And a big thank you to Rich for stepping outside his comfort zone of using HIS designer and allowing the peeps from TPS to participate in this.

I think this was a great example of Rich giving back to this community and should not be taken lightly by US. Kudos to Rodder and Rich!

:: the preceding was an unpaid endorsement :: (I would have expected that from me if I'd won... so it's double weighted considering he didn't pick ME) ;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 27th 2005#170620 Report
Congratulations Rodder
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 27th 2005#170621 Report
Thanks for that Dan much appreciated.

Also, unknown to you guys, graphicsguru did supply some very competitive entries so there was probably a lot more competition that some of your guys may think...

... Anyway, we´ll be aiming to roll out this new template plus a databased backend during October, I would hesitate to guess at mid to end October for everything to be finalised.

Thanks to all that got behind this competition.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 27th 2005#170624 Report
No more Pank tubes???? :eek:

Good job Rodder!
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum