TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

os x tiger

Page: 1 2 Reply
May 6th 2005#168092 Report
...and? C'mon Pank, quit holdin' out on us!

I'm waiting to upgrade when CS2 ships next month. One Big Fat Order.... on the company's bill!
Reply with Quote Reply
May 6th 2005#168094 Report
I have not had time to install it yet.
Maybe tonight or tomorrow. I'll post back and let you know the route I took and how it went.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 8th 2005#168113 Report
No problem - I totally understand lack of time. I might actually pick it up next weekend - I scored a coupon for $159 for a 5 user.

let us know what you like/dislike when you get a chance, por favor.... thx
Reply with Quote Reply
May 8th 2005#168114 Report
Here is what I did and it worked like a dream.
I have a second internal HD installed so I used carbon copy cloner to get an up to date clone of my existing setup.

Then I chose erase and install so I had a brand new fresh copy of Tiger.
I let it go through the install and just like I hoped it asked me if I wanted to import my app's, user's, etc. from an existing partition. It picked up my second HD and grabbed everything.

Took less than an hour and I had a fresh install of Tiger plus all my old app's and settings imported

Overall I can't find much to complain about. Actually the only thing that bugs me so far as the fact that they changed font smoothing and the fonts don't look as well as they did. Mainly the only time I really notice it is in FireFox. They look much better in Safari but I prefer FF.

I looked on the apple forums and found that changing the settings helped but honestly the fonts (especially on web pages) looked better in Panther. I hope somebody finds a way around the font smoothing deal.

There are still a bunch of new features I have to play with but spotlight kicks all forms of ass. No need for launch bar anymore ;)

Very pleased with Tiger. Definitely worth the price of upgrading.

Oh and no prob's at all with scanners, camera's, or any hardware. It picked everything up just like before.

I still have 2 windows machines and honestly I have never had anything against windows. My copies always ran fine and I still think XP is a good OS.

With that being said... Whenever I would get a new PC it would take me weeks to get all the app's re-installed, little tweaks how I like them, overall look set up, etc.

Apple has really made it a breeze for people to update or upgrade machines or OS's. When I got my G5 it was the same deal. In under two hours I had my setup and all software and hardware exactly how I wanted it. It has yet to ever be an issue and it makes you feel comfortable knowing that if you buy a new computer or OS that you will be up and fully running just like you were before in a matter of hours.

It's only been a day but once again I am totally impressed with Apple (other than my Cinema Display having about 16 dead pixels).

That is my 2 cents.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 13th 2005#169629 Report
i'm looking to get Tiger b/c the sales person at the apple store saw i was looking for norton system works (which wasn't in stock b/c it isn't compatible with tiger) and he mentioned that Tiger has had no attacks since it was released..blahblah. I think it's probably a load of bull, i mean not a single one? how can.
His selling point was the built in firewall, and I assume it's more stable than panther. plus, the widgets are kinda appealing.
My apps open a bit slower at startup than they did when i first got my PB. Im thinking maybe spyware, but he said if i upgrade to Tiger (not a clean install) all/any viruses/spyware that i have would be gone b/c only the self-installed programs are carried over to tiger, and he said since tiger is completely different, the viruses wouldn't even know what to do in the new environment.

From what I understand, I would think only a clean install would get rid of any spyware or viruses...but, i dunno. i've not been keeping up to date. anyone got any input?
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 13th 2005#169631 Report
*removed and private messaged*
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum