TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

New Longhorn Screenshots

Page: 1 2 3 Reply
Mar 23rd 2005#166912 Report
This things coming out in FOUR more years?

Man, Apple will have all kinds of whoop ass cooked up by then, so things will pretty much be just like they are now.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 23rd 2005#166914 Report
No! The expected launch date is supposedly 2006. What i am saying is that 2-3 gigs won't be all too prevalent until about 2008.

1GB seems to be pretty popular these days, but 512 is the most common. I am sure by 2006, 1GB will be the standard.

But you know, if the OS requires a lot of RAM, that will help raise the standards sooner.

Nos.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 24th 2005#166921 Report
The timeline Windows product lifecycle is not as important as it once was (I say that like we actually have a standard to go by). Most big enterprises (hospitals) are still running Windows 2000 as their desktop standard, and most government and educational facilities are running Windows XP, and neither OS is currently insufficient for running their applications. In my opinion, they might as well hold out and release Longhorn when WinFS is complete, rather than making that available at a later date. By fall of 2006, I don't see any of my current customers to be at the point where they will be needing to be running Longhorn. One of our ex-employees works for Microsoft now, and he is home for Easter vacation this week. He has an AlienWare laptop (looks like a small briefcase) running Longhorn, and it seems to run very smoothly. I'm not entirely sure of the specs needed to run Longhorn, but judging by the size of the laptop, I don't think you'd be running it on your mom's Celeron.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 24th 2005#166922 Report
hmm I think it looks pretty nice, but I think that's just because it looks so Apple ish... :P
And no I'm a PC guy...
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 19th 2005#170446 Report
my friend has the beta version I don't know how but from all the screenshots I've seen it's not that impressive and it just looked some different shell (aston, etc.)

There's a question I must ask though, I have heard microsoft is going to charge monthly for their next OS? Is it true? If it is then that's just pure evil.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 19th 2005#170457 Report
I haven't heard that they'll be charging a monthly fee lately, but last I heard there were going to be like 7 versions of the OS. Which just sounds like a marketing disaster to me.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 19th 2005#170458 Report
and whats up with "gadgets" I guess those must be for the die hard windows people that want macs, they just don't want to give up their loyalty.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 20th 2005#170459 Report
Nine editions are listed here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Longhorn along with some other useful information.

And a monthly fee? That sounds like an extremely horrible idea. Does that mean every 30 days windows wont load until it's reactived again?

In all honesty, I almost don't care.....and im a "PC" guy. All I see is a another crappy interface with mostly useless features designed not to improve your computing experience, but to make it "easier".

But now im really stuck cause my windows 98 is as current as a dinosaur, im not really into apple (as of yet), and the nix's confuse me lol.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 20th 2005#170462 Report
I never heard the 30 day thing, but, the latest thing I did hear was that Microsoft might give Longhorn to 98/Me/NT/2K/XP/OMGWTFBBQ users for free. Could be an interesting move, and I don't really see where the profit would be, but who knows, no one ever said Microsoft made any sense.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 20th 2005#170467 Report
I have to say that even though it may be an improvement... I'm still not impressed. After purchasing my mac and soon to be macs, I honestly don't see myself purchasing another windows machine, or updating my current one :p I have just fell in love with OSX :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum