TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

I'm going to die!

Page: 1 2 Reply
Jun 28th 2001#6991 Report
Well, I guess it's not that serious but I do need some help. I have downloaded the demo for Dreamweaver. As many of you know, it expires after 30 days. I went on Ebay and got myself the original and installed it but now it still won't work. I deleted the older demo version of the software but still the same message pops up saying I need to buy it. A friend told me I need to delete the cash or something like that and then reinstall it but I really don't know..

Please help me out!:rolleyes:
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 28th 2001#6994 Report
Did you uninstall the demo version before installing the full version? Uninstall both of them, then try installing the full version. Make sure you actually uninstall them, not just deleting the directory they are saved in.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 28th 2001#6996 Report
I have tried many different combinations of uninstalling them and all that but nothing seems to work. I don't have the demo installed nor the original but when I install the original it still says i need to buy it from them
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 28th 2001#6998 Report
How did you purchase it online? Do you have the registration number? Did they send you a CD, or did you just download it?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 28th 2001#7004 Report
I got the complete thing, CD and everything. The package was not even opened. Brand New
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 28th 2001#7005 Report
Hm. Well I don't know then. It's stuck in your registry somewhere, and keeps thinking you still have the shareware version somewhere. You need to get it out somehow. I don't know where the specific entry is though. Maybe you could call Macromedia since you purchased it legitimately. They could tell you what to remove from the registry. Or you could format your hard drive and reinstall windows.....
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 28th 2001#7022 Report
you could possibly try running a registry cleaner, such as regclean, Im not sure if it would get rid of the busted registry links though.. :| other than trying that, you could make a backup of your registry, and then open regedit, and try a search for macromedia dreamweaver, or just macromedia, and then delete all of those files that were found. The main problem with doing that though is you can seriously screw up your registry to the point of having to reformat, so If your gonna try, make a back up of your registry.

Snore
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 28th 2001#7025 Report
When it tells you that you need to buy it it should also give you an option for having bought the software online and already having a registration number. If you enter the number from the software you bought you should be good. If that doesn't work I'd go to your control panel -> add/remove programs and uninstall any Dreamweaver installation. Then manually delete any Macromedia -> Dreamweaver folders that are left and empty your trash, then reboot. That should clear everything out, then try installing from scratch when you boot up. Hope that helps.

Chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 28th 2001#7034 Report
How did you uninstall the demo? Did you just drag the map into your recyclebin? If so, reinstall the demo en uninstall it from your control panel. I had the same problem once, not with DW though...
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 2nd 2001#7327 Report
*** Edited by Pank ***
NO links to crackz or warez links please. If he bought the software call or email Macromedia. They WILL have the solution...
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum