TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

High School Students Demand Wars In Easier-To-Find Countries

Page: 1 2 Reply
Apr 25th 2002#43819 Report
HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS DEMAND WARS IN EASIER-TO-FIND COUNTRIES
They Ask "How Come No One Fights in Big Famous Nations Anymore?"

Washington, D.C. (SatireWire.com) -- A delegation of American high school students today demanded the United States stop waging war in obscure nations such as Afghanistan, Kuwait, and Bosnia- Herzegovina, and instead attack places they've actually heard of, such as France, Australia, and Austria, unless, they said, those last two are the same country.

"People claim we don't know as much geography as our parents and grandparents, but it's so not our fault," Josh Beldoni, a senior at Fischer High School in Los Angeles, told the Senate Armed Services Committee. "Back then they only had wars in, like, Germany and England, but we're supposed to know about places like Somalia and Massachusetts."

"Macedonia," corrected committee Chairman Carl Levin of Michigan.

"See?" said Beldoni.

Beldoni's frustration was shared by nearly three dozen students at the hearing, who blamed the U.S. military for making them look bad. "I totally support our soldiers and all that, but I am seriously failing both geography and social studies because I keep getting asked to find Croatia or Yemvrekia, or whatever bizarre-o country we send troops to," said Amelia Nash, a junior at Clark High School in Orlando, FL. "Can't we fight in, like, Italy? It's boot- shaped."

Chairman Levin however, explained that Italy was a U.S. ally, and that intervention is usually in response to a specific threat.

"OK, what about Arulco?" interrupted Tyler Boone, a senior at Bellevue High School in Wisconsin. "That's a country in Jagged Alliance 2 run by the evil Queen Deidranna. I'm totally familiar with that place. She's a major threat."

"Jagged...?" said Levin.

"Alliance. It's a computer game."

"Well, no," Levin answered. "We can't attack a fictional country."

"Yeah right," Boone mumbled. "Like Grenada was real."

The students' testimony was supported by a cross-section of high school geography teachers, who urged the committee to help lay a solid foundation for America's young people by curtailing any intervention abroad.

"Since the anti-terror war began, most of my students can now point to Afghanistan on a map, which is fine, but those same kids still don't know the capitals of Nevada and Ohio," said Richard Gerber, who teaches at Rhymony High School in Atlanta. "I think we need to cut back on our activities overseas and take care of business at home, and if that means invading Tallahassee (FL) or Trenton (NJ) so that students learn where they are, so be it."

"I've always wanted to stick it to Hartford (CT)," said Sen. Lincoln Chafee of Rhode Island. "Oh ****, is my microphone on?"

The hearing adjourned after six hours. An estimated 2,000 more students were expected to hold a march in the nation's capital, but forgot which city it was in.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 25th 2002#43838 Report
I do think its time to wipe Canada off the map. Maybe one or two nukes will do it.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 25th 2002#43849 Report
Is this for real? No offense, but this could only have happened in the U.S:mad:.

mrbogus>:confused: :confused:
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 25th 2002#43892 Report
Originally posted by *BT*
Is this for real? No offense, but this could only have happened in the U.S:mad:.

its true. the US is full of idiots. especially the high school kids now a days. yea, im 16 and in high school, but atleast i know the difference between macedonia and massachusetts.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 25th 2002#43894 Report
SatireWire.com
:rolleyes:
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 25th 2002#43895 Report
O M F G!!!!!!!!! That can´t be true. I won´t believe it... Jesus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That´s below fuuking pathetic, really!!!! ROFL!!
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 25th 2002#43896 Report
oh..just went to the site... It isn´t true, right?? *laughs really nervousely*
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 25th 2002#43928 Report
It never ceases to amaze me what people assume 'could' be real. Come onnnnnn. if the title itself wasn't an obvious hint the satirewire.com would make is obvious...i mean you know what satire means right?
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 25th 2002#43931 Report
Come on MBB, they published that back in like November.

Don't they have anything newer than that.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 25th 2002#43933 Report
you know that the onion.com rules, right?

can't beat Herbert Kornfeld, the accounts receivable gangsta pimp, either...
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum