TeamPhotoshop

Go Back   Team Photoshop Forum > Graphics and Photography Arena > Help: Photoshop

Old 01-09-2011, 05:41 AM   #1
charles24

charles24 is on a distinguished road
Opening different pictures in multiple layers

Hi everyone,
I am trying to find out how to open different pictures in multiple layers in Photoshop. I am using the CS5 version. I am just new to photoshop and I was watching a tutorial where there were different pictures open in multiple layers but the tutorial did not show how this was done.

Thanks
charles24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 08:11 AM   #2
iDad
iDadGraphics.com / image edits

iDad is on a distinguished road
Each layer is separate but if it is transparent you will see though to the next layer is that what you mean?
iDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 02:39 AM   #3
charles24

charles24 is on a distinguished road
Re : Opening mutltiple pictures in different layers

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDad View Post
Each layer is separate but if it is transparent you will see though to the next layer is that what you mean?
What I wanted to find out is that when you open a picture in Photoshop, it also shows in the layers window where you can make duplicate copies but when you open another picture in Photoshop, the old picture is no longer visible in the layers window but the new picture is visible. What I would like is for both pictures ( or as many pictures as I want) to be visible in the layers window so that I can now blend them as I want.

What I am trying to find out is whether there is a way by which different pictures can be opened and they are all showing in the layers window. Perhaps there is a means of importing them or a technique?

Thanks.
charles24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 03:24 PM   #4
Kokopedal

Kokopedal is on a distinguished road
open both pictures and on the top tool bar click where it says arrange documents. It will give you several options on the lay out. Keep in mind that it will only shoe the layers of the last photo clicked on. you will have to switch back and forth. but if you drag a layer into another photo it will automatically show the new layer in that photo
Kokopedal is offline   Reply With Quote