TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Remove white background

Page: 1 Reply
Dec 16th 2006#175622 Report
I'm trying to remove the white background from this image, as well as the white in between all of the rings:

Then i want to change the color of the different colored rings.

I've tried to use the magic eraser, and the magic wand color select tool, but unless there are more options, or i'm using the MW wrong, they don't do what i want. when trying to select the ring to change its color with the MW it does a sloppy job.

thanks for helping a n00b out

-ben

I'm using windows XP Pro, Photoshop CS2. But if there is a better way to do it in CorelDRAW X3, i have that aswell
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 16th 2006#175624 Report
To remove the white background:first you need to make the background layer into a floating layer by double-clicking on the layer name in the layers pallet. It will now be named 'layer 0.'

Next, double-click on the layer 0 thumb-nail in the layers pallet to bring up the Layer Styles dialog.

See the two sliders near the bottom? It's the top one you're interested in, the one marked 'this layer'. See the little white pointer underneath the slider on the right? Hold down ALT and click on it. It will split into two pointers. Slowly drag the left side of the pointer to the left and watch the white disappear. (It may help you to see the effect better if you create a dark coloured layer underneath this layer, but it's not essential) You should drag the pointer until the number above the slider reads about 173 to clear all the white. (Play around with it a bit until you're satisfied)

The colour change is more tricky. It's not going to be easy to pick out separate rings to alter, as they overlap. You might try changing the colours of the whole thing using Hue/Saturation. Go Image > Adjustments > Hue/Saturation and play around with the Hue slider.

Hope this helps
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 16th 2006#175626 Report
It works, kinda, it makes the colored part semitransparent...
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 17th 2006#175628 Report
Then don't move the pointer as far to the left. Its a trade-off
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 17th 2006#175629 Report
it worked, but it didn't work. thanks anyway...VERY much
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 17th 2006#175630 Report
ah well... back to the old MW I guess. And...you're VERY welcome
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 18th 2006#175646 Report
You could also just use Select > Color Range and use the eyedropper tool to select the white area. Then play with the fuzziness until you get what you want.

Also Microsoft might not be real happy with you slightly modifying their Xbox 360 logo for your own purposes.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 20th 2006#175669 Report
Also Microsoft might not be real happy with you slightly modifying their Xbox 360 logo for your own purposes.
Well said deker.

If you really need that logo just download it off brandsoftheworld as a vector image and change the colours in Illustrator. (all but 2 minutes work in it). Bill gates if your reading this I would never do that, honestly i wouldnt.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 22nd 2006#175696 Report
[QUOTE=drunk3nrabbit]I'm trying to remove the white background from this image, as well as the white in between all of the rings:

Then i want to change the color of the different colored rings.

I've tried to use the magic eraser, and the magic wand color select tool, but unless there are more options, or i'm using the MW wrong, they don't do what i want. when trying to select the ring to change its color with the MW it does a sloppy job.

thanks for helping a n00b out

-ben

I'm using windows XP Pro, Photoshop CS2. But if there is a better way to do it in CorelDRAW X3, i have that aswell[/QUOTE]

Try use Background Eraser and remove white matte.

Your example
http://www.imageskill.com/tmp/logo1.png

Dmitry

http://www.imageskill.com
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum