TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

ImageReady - Animation, how to save as .gif?

Page: 1 Reply
Aug 22nd 2005#169901 Report
Right, the situation is...

I've opened up a file to which i produced the other night. Through scaling down a jpeg image to a suitable size to be used as an avatar on a website, i've made 51 frames. Now before i used to save any animations via 'Save Optimized As...' then select the .gif option. The problem is, when i now go to save my file as an animation, it does not give me the option to save as .gif . The choices i have are something like .jpg / .htm or both. Also, before the save file dialog box pops up i have a message stating something along the lines of 'jpegs etc etc are not compatible with animations' or something? I've never seen this message before and have also created animated .gif files from a jpeg file in the past...

I know this is not the clearest way of explaining my problem but if any help can be offered, it will be greatly appreciated ;) .

Thanks,

Ben.

Also - sorry if this has been asked but i did try searching and skimming a few topics but i didn't spot anything.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 23rd 2005#169931 Report
Check your "Optimize" palette and make sure your frames are set to gif. It sounds like jpg is selected which doesnt allow the save as a gif option.

" 'jpegs etc etc are not compatible with animations' or something? I've never seen this message before and have also created animated .gif files from a jpeg file in the past..."

You created animated "GIFS" from jpegs, not animated jpegs from jpegs. All that error means is the jpeg file format doesnt support animation. But that does not keep you from using jpeg data in the gif file format.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 26th 2005#169984 Report
Thanks for the reply Rodder. I've opened the file up and selected one of the frames from the animation box below (whilst then checking the remaining 50 frames after the following). In the main work window, i clicked the Optimized tab and then, on the small black arrow to the right of 'Default Settings'. I then chose the Optimized Information option and what do you know...it came up with 'JPEG:' to begin with. So now i've found out all of the frames are set as jpeg's, is there a way of converting them all into .gif's? Thanks again, appreciated very much.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 26th 2005#169988 Report
I believe you only need to set one frame to gif. It doesn't seem you can mix gif/jpeg settings so it's either one or the other. If im wrong, just hold down shift and select all the frames at once.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 28th 2005#170021 Report
Sorry to be a pain, but is there a straight-forward way of setting my frames (currently set as JPEGs) into .gif format? As you suggested. Also, if i did manage to have my 51 frames set as GIFs, should i then be able to 'save as optimized' under the .gif option? Hence my original problem... (of not being able to: save in .gif format).

Thank you so much :rolleyes:
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum