TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Cursor frustration

Page: 1 Reply
Feb 18th 2004#142578 Report
I've worked with Photoshop for years and never come up with this problem. In a text layer, my cursor is about 6 times too big. The result is that I can't select text with any accuracy. I tried re-booting. I just got a new computer and installed the program. Can't think of anything else that might be new or diffrerent.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!

annelise :confused:
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 18th 2004#142629 Report
try resetting your character with the arrow there on the Character box. if it has anything to do with text in PS, that may do it.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 18th 2004#142644 Report
...Aaaaand...Welcome to the forum.

Patric.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 18th 2004#142646 Report
Does this oversize cursor appear with ALL fonts? If so, your baseline setting may be set to something other than "0". There were some fonts (from Letraset, most notably) that, because of bad, outdated coding will cause an extra large cursor to appear in Photoshop.

Try New Document, 72 ppi. Reset your Characters to default by dropping the sub-menu from the little triangle in the upper—right corner of the Character Palette. You should now have it set to something common, probably 12 point Arial or something. Now try setting some text.

How's that work for ya?
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 18th 2004#142647 Report
oh yea, try resetting the character. thats a good idea actually.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum