TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

- ''Could not complete this operation because an assertion has failed'' -

Page: 1 Reply
Feb 1st 2004#140345 Report
I was making a web layout in Photoshop to use in Dreamweaver. (It is really just for a test to see how dreamweaver works...) Well, I had everything in the web layout sliced up correctly and when I tried to "save for web" it gave me this message...

''Could not complete this operation because an assertion has failed''

I don't understand what I did wrong...any suggestions :confused:
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 2nd 2004#154806 Report
I just had the same problem in imagready CS. I was working on a file and tried to save as optimized - and got the error message:

Could not complete this operation. an assertion has failed

any ideas?

[QUOTE=Shaman]I was making a web layout in Photoshop to use in Dreamweaver. (It is really just for a test to see how dreamweaver works...) Well, I had everything in the web layout sliced up correctly and when I tried to "save for web" it gave me this message...

''Could not complete this operation because an assertion has failed''

I don't understand what I did wrong...any suggestions :confused:[/QUOTE]
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 2nd 2004#154807 Report
Hmm...did you try restarting your computer?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 17th 2004#155795 Report
Do you run Spybot or any other spyware detection programs? It seems to be related to that for some reason. Anyways, I tried this and it worked for me. Close all Adobe programs. Then run the registry editor. Make sure to back up the registry before doing this. The go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Save For Web 3.0. Delete this whole folder. Then start up Photoshop and try to "Save for Web" aka "Save optimized" It should work now.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 19th 2004#155924 Report
one reason might be your trying to save optimized in CMYK mode instead of RBG mode if that isn't it try this fix:

hold down Ctrl + Alt when clicking on "save for web" (in file menu) it'll ask you if you want to reset preferences - say yes. Should fix the problem
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 16th 2005#166739 Report
The solution wich reinitialises the Save to Web options doesn't work either in some cases.

The additionnal symptom is when you try to open the file with imageready you do have the same error message even before seeking to the file you want to open!

I hope it will help Adobe devs to investigate further.

No solutions has been found yet on other forums
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 16th 2005#166741 Report
The solution has been found in : http://forums.pcworld.co.nz/archive/index.php/t-40883.html

where it is said :Using "Regedit" find the following key and delete it

"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Save For Web 3.0"

And let see the magic!

For me at least it works
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 16th 2005#166745 Report
Save For Web 3.0 is for Photoshop 7 I believe.

Photoshop CS uses Save for Web Plug-in v.8.0

It's not a good idea to just delete registry entries just becuase you encountered a booboo.
More than often thats more cause for software conflicts.
Try and resolve what it is that your doing to work around it.

Theres a knowledgebase here http://www.adobe.com/support/main.html and a User to User forum to seek out solutions.

hope these help
heathrowe
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 23rd 2005#166885 Report
I'm having this problem too ... only in Imageready7 ... it won't let me even open a document

I've tried the editing the registry it didn't work ... and I'm 90% sure it's an RGB image .. the knowledge base goves me this: http://support.adobe.com/devsup/devsup.nsf/docs/52489.htm

The only thing I could figure is to save it with photoshop ... but it doesn't save in a way that my document will be animated .. at least I don't know of a way

this is best explanation I've heard about this problem:
That error message means that a test programmed into the code has failed. An assertion has the effect of something like "If 1 + 1 isn't equal to 2 then something is wrong".

In this case, it probably says: "save enabled for web 2.0 only" Since your system enabled it for 3.0, the test fails. BOOM.

Assertion tests make for more reliable software. Unfortunately, it sometimes stops it working. ;-) That is sometimes preferable (would you prefer to get wrong output with no warning, or have the programme fail because it is about to produce faulty output?) but sometimes it can be a nuisance.

but how to enable or fix the assertation setting/plugin(or whatever it is) ... I have no clue :confused:

the only thing that works is a reinstall
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 5th 2005#167273 Report
[QUOTE=squeak]one reason might be your trying to save optimized in CMYK mode instead of RBG mode if that isn't it try this fix:

hold down Ctrl + Alt when clicking on "save for web" (in file menu) it'll ask you if you want to reset preferences - say yes. Should fix the problem[/QUOTE]
I had a problem with the "Save for Web" function. When I hit save, it would say "Could not complete operation. File not found"

Holding down Ctrl + Alt solved the problem.

Thank you!
Highway of Life
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum