TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Opening a .qxd (QuarkXpress)

Page: 1 Reply
Mar 21st 2003#96286 Report
Is it possible to open a .qxd file in Photoshop or in anything other then Quark. My company has manuals that they let get converted and didn't keep the originals, now I need to update. Is this possible to do without Quark or do I need to pony up and buy Quark?
Any help would be great
Thanks
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 21st 2003#96289 Report
Pagemaker and InDesign should be able to open it I would imagine. If you have those.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 21st 2003#96290 Report
I think you wouldnt be able to open them in ps because they are manuals. You may be able to open them in some kind of page lay out program, but PS isnt meant for manuals.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 21st 2003#96291 Report
Is there anything else that might be a bit cheaper?
I don't currently have any layout program so if there is some thing else out there I am interested in it.
Another question along those lines, what is a good layout program?
What do you folks use & why do you like it?
Thanks
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 21st 2003#96292 Report
I have always heard Quark5 is really good, but I havent ever used it. I have done some lay out on PageMaker 6.5 and it wasnt too difficult to learn. I am partial to Adobe since I am so familiar with their products, but.... those who use both say they like Quark better than PageMaker, at least at the print houses we used. Other might have a different view.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 21st 2003#96294 Report
InDesign has pretty much replaced Pagemaker. And it's starting to take over Quark's market share too. Because Quark STILL isn't compatible with Mac OSX, and so many design houses have switched to InDesign.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 21st 2003#96302 Report
Thanks for your help everyone
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 21st 2003#96340 Report
I work on a Windows system, I just found out that Quark is Mac based. Is it possible to convert Quark for Mac to InDesign for Windows?
Looking for any help
Thanks
Brandon
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 21st 2003#96344 Report
Quark is not Mac based. If you save a document in a .eps format, then I know you can open them in many different applications. We used to save Illustrator documents into .eps and send it to a print house that took the content and copy-pasted it to their Quark templates.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 24th 2003#96763 Report
will the text remain editable as an .eps file?
I am not really sure how quark works (I am still fairly new to print media, I have been working digital video and we are branching out now)
The big thing that I am looking for in this is to get the editable documents into ID so that I can make changes to the manuals.
Thanks again for all your help you folks have been great.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum