TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

I got a big problem here

Page: 1 Reply
Jul 21st 2006#173969 Report
I've been working on a new panorama recently with huge pictures.

As I was aligning every photographs, the file was starting to get huge (around 400mb). It was lagging up my pc, but I continued anyway.

Now this morning I had to save the file and reboot my pc, because it was getting too slow. But when I tried to reopen the file, an error message appeared telling

"Could not complete your request because the file is not compatible with this version of Photoshop."

I was like, what the ****?!

This happened in PS CS2... so I tried to open the file with my older version of photoshop 7, but this time I had this message:

"Could not open "C:\......." because the result would be too big."

What is that supposed to mean? That I won't be able to open the file no more?! Is there something possible to do about it?

I only have 5gb left on my pc, maybe if I had more space it would work? I need help :(

[edit] I just realized I put this in the wrong section... if someone can move it or not. [/edit]
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 22nd 2006#173972 Report
You might be able to salvage the file.

In photoshop 7 go to Edit > PReferences > Memory and Cache

Change cache level to 6
And (I don't know how much memory you have installed) change your memory allocation to about 70%

Restart PS, make sure nothing else is running and see if you can open the file.

Lemme know what happens
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 24th 2006#174012 Report
Thanks for the help man, but unfortunately it didn't work :(

It's probably a wrong message I'm getting from ps7 since in ps cs2 it's a different error message...

damn, so many hours lost.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 30th 2006#174094 Report
How much ram do you have? did you try "open as"? Maybe write it to a disk and take it to a guy with a better machine...see if it opens there.

I have files that are over 1.5 GB in size and never had a problem. One of my drawings has 400+ layers and almost 2 GB... it crunches but it works...
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 30th 2006#174100 Report
I have 1gb of ram, and a pretty good computer that should be able to open the file (3.2ghz, 256mb vid card). I tried to open it as jpg or png but it tells me an error everytime.

Maybe the file is corrupted, but photoshop tells me the wrong error message, I don't know.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 31st 2006#174117 Report
I know it's silly but ... maybe try ACDSEE to see if the image opens? or maybe some other image viewer that has PSD support...

other than that... dang.. tough luck:(
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum