TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Opening different pictures in multiple layers

Page: 1 Reply
Jan 9th 2011#202254 Report
Hi everyone,
I am trying to find out how to open different pictures in multiple layers in Photoshop. I am using the CS5 version. I am just new to photoshop and I was watching a tutorial where there were different pictures open in multiple layers but the tutorial did not show how this was done.

Thanks
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 9th 2011#202262 Report
Each layer is separate but if it is transparent you will see though to the next layer is that what you mean?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 10th 2011#202303 Report
iDad said:Each layer is separate but if it is transparent you will see though to the next layer is that what you mean?

What I wanted to find out is that when you open a picture in Photoshop, it also shows in the layers window where you can make duplicate copies but when you open another picture in Photoshop, the old picture is no longer visible in the layers window but the new picture is visible. What I would like is for both pictures ( or as many pictures as I want) to be visible in the layers window so that I can now blend them as I want.

What I am trying to find out is whether there is a way by which different pictures can be opened and they are all showing in the layers window. Perhaps there is a means of importing them or a technique?

Thanks.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 25th 2011#202736 Report
open both pictures and on the top tool bar click where it says arrange documents. It will give you several options on the lay out. Keep in mind that it will only shoe the layers of the last photo clicked on. you will have to switch back and forth. but if you drag a layer into another photo it will automatically show the new layer in that photo
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum