TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Grr. help!!

Page: 1 Reply
Jun 7th 2001#5384 Report
I found out that there was an upgrade for phpBB, but when i tried to upgrade it didnt work out right.

So I reinstalled it back to the way it was. Every single thing showed up like old, except, the post text was missing for all posts, even though it's all still there in the DB.

So I tried dumping my entire backup, and I keep getting cant create table **** because it already exists. So I deleted everything, figuring I can drop the entire structure and data backup in and it will fix it.

Well that didnt work. So now Im screwed. My whole board is gone, but I have the entire thing backed up.

Any ideas? PLEASE!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 7th 2001#5390 Report
Are you sure dropped the entier datbase and not just a table or two? I would make sure You drop the entire database *dump it for back up first*. Then create a new database and dump the first tables to it.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 7th 2001#5395 Report
Yeah, I backed up the entire Structure and Data through phpMyAdmin. Thought I could just paste it all back in. Everything is now gone, except what little made it through when trying to add it all back.

And I think I'm only allowed 1 DB.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 7th 2001#5405 Report
ok. When you backed up. Did you save it to a file?

If you did, just go and clear your database out completly, then using the browse feature, find the file one your harddrive and populate your database with it.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 8th 2001#5424 Report
edit - nevermind. Got everything back. Had to do it all manually table by table. Glad there was only 140 posts too, lol.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum