TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Grabbing another's code?

Page: 1 Reply
Jul 22nd 2002#60187 Report
Does anyone know of a script/code (not PHP) that can grab say, a specific line from someone else's code? I'm trying to grab the local weather from aws.com but they don't have an xml feed or anything that I can use. I'm looking for ideas as we speak, but if you know of anything please reply.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 26th 2002#60824 Report
Mattboy,

I am actually working on something right now that would be able to do that. Send me your e-mail and we can work together on nailing this **** down.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 26th 2002#60841 Report
I'm working on one too, but it's much more difficult than I fathomed. I'm trying to snag the weather from aws.com, but they don't have the little pre-built things you can just copy and paste, not like I'd use it if they did because they rarely look good. I'd rather just snag the weather info from the table and format how I'd like. I'm trying to keep an eye on the page to see whether the line number of the desired text changes, or whether I can just snag everything between a few specific (tr) tags. Problem is, that whatever I develop at work belongs to the company, so sharing is illegal (yes I have a contract).

I'm about 2 hours from giving up unless I find a different solution. I don't work on stuff at home. I sit in front of a computer for 8 to 10 hours per day, the last thing I want to do is come home and work some more.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum