TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

changing link colors

Page: 1 2 Reply
Jul 21st 2002#60045 Report
ok so i have three styles one which sets the the color and text decoration of my links another that turns them white onmouseover with the hover attribute and then i made another with the visited attribute so that visited links would have no text decoration either but when i add hte visited one the hover style no long works and heres the code

i dunno if visited is even an attribut i just guessed
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 21st 2002#60048 Report
..where´s the code? Visit AUXILIUMSTUDIOS.CJB.NET for full list of smileys.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 21st 2002#60086 Report
woops my bad i didnt think these forums converted style sheets heres the code
<style>
a.mouseover:hover {color: white;text-decoration: none;}
a.mouseover:link {color: red;text-decoration: none;}
a.mouseover:visited {color: red;text-decoration: none;}
<style>
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 23rd 2002#60442 Report
so can anyoen figure out whats wrong here becaues when i move my mouseover the links that have been visited they no longer change to white?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 24th 2002#60455 Report
Remove the mouseover and you're done

Like, a:link, a:hover ...
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 24th 2002#60465 Report
the mouseover is my class i need it cause i only want to apply it to some links
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 24th 2002#60466 Report
you don't need it:

heres an example

a { color: black; text-decoration: underline }
a:hover { color: white; background-color: purple; text-decoration: underline }
a:visited { color: navy; text-decoration: none }
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 24th 2002#60467 Report
yeah but wouldnt that make every link black and make every link turn white on mouse over and make every visited link navy colored
i need it so that i can apply it so some links and not others with the class attribute which is where the mouseover comes in thats the sytle name
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 24th 2002#60472 Report
when you write your links that you want to change color, do you apply the style to them? < a href="blah.html" class="mouseover">text< /a> ??? And did you link the css file to the page or include the definition in the page? I think you would really get a ton more help here if you would post the pages that you need help. You've been asking tons of questions for weeks (which is ok) but you never post links to pages, so it's all just theoretically and we have to guess at what the problem is. If you posted the code, we would most likely be able to spot the problem much faster.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 25th 2002#60630 Report
the problem is i do all my work now in dw and it calls stuff from my harddrive and so just so upload one site and the pics i have to change every reference in the document so it would take me longer just to get the site up (which i may trash later) then to just go through this i can give you teh exact code here and tell you exactly what happens but for right now it takes up way too much time to upload them if you know a faster or different way or whatever that would help then post it please cause id be happy to upload the pages if i could do it in under and hour each
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum