TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

making those one pixel lines around tables

Page: 1 2 Reply
Jul 9th 2002#57450 Report
How do you make those lines that go around what appear to be tables it may just be images with or backgrounds but it looks to easy to be that?
look in the middle area of these sites to see what i mean
http://cncnc.federationstudios.net/
http://www.cncnz.com/
its really common on most websites but ive never used it before dont know the concept behind it so i dont know how to do it
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 9th 2002#57451 Report
add border="1" bordercolor="HEXVALUE" to the <table> tag.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 9th 2002#57452 Report
actually that won't work, moochan. it will put a big ol' beveled border on there that isn't pretty.

You have to use two tables to do the trick. Make one table of any size, and set the cellpadding to be 1 or 2 or however thick you want the border line to be. So if you wanted a one pixel border, set it to cellpadding="1". Now set the background color of that table to be whatever you want the color of the line to be.

Then make another table inside of that one, set to 100% width. Now set the background of this table to be the background color you want inside the border (the background of where your text will go).

And that should do it. Another way to do it is to set the first or outermost table to 0 cellpadding and spacing, and then make the second or inner table just have a 1 pixel cellspacing, and that will also work. Hope that makes sense.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 9th 2002#57453 Report
ok one more question i dont want to use a whole other thread for this. In my table i have typed a date not a script or anything just the date and i aligned it to the left then i typed the title of the comment and centered it in the center but it put the comment on the line below the date and i want them on the same line how do i do it?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 9th 2002#57454 Report
if you're using <p> tags or whatever, they usually make insert the affected text on the next line.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 9th 2002#57456 Report
If the date + comment is wider than your table, it will automatically wrap the text. You would just have to put a space in between the date and comment....

date - comment or something.

you can't have more than one space in a row in html, unless the text is in a < pre> tag.

If you put date < br> comment, then it will move the comment to the next line down.

if you do < p>date< /p>< p>comment< /p>, then it will put a blank line between date and comment.

That's all i can really say to help you without seeing the actual page...
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 9th 2002#57468 Report
well what i did was ah hell just look at this
(td colspan="2")
(left)00.00.00(/left)(center)Comment(/center)
(/td)
and it seperates those two on two different lines how do i get them on one?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 9th 2002#57469 Report
You can't put left and center tags on the same line like that. either the whole line is left, or the whole line is center. plus, there is no such thing as a < left> tag.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 9th 2002#57481 Report
Helpful hint: I advise everyone to use <br /> tags for line breaks instead of <p> tags because the <p> tag usually, if not always now, defines paragraphs.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 9th 2002#57484 Report
who said we used <p> tags for line breaks :p

if you're using <p> tags or whatever, they usually make insert the affected text on the next line.

I said that because I was asking him if he was using the <p> tag to define the alignement of the text.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum