TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

CSS style effects

Page: 1 Reply
Jul 2nd 2002#56315 Report
Ok i have a leftmenu on my site that has images for headers and text links. Because of this i have the entire left menu in one css style and then each section of text links in the (p) tag which i redefined to format the text. Once i put the (p) tag in though its like my text isnt there. The images just move and place the text over them like the text is on a higher layer except i didnt specify a layer at all. I have put (br) tags in to leave space for the text so it looks ok but i would like someone to explain to me why this has happened. You can view my site if you wish @
free.hostdepartment.com/commandandconquer/candc2.html
also if you copy and paste this address its important to make sure there is no www infront of it
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 2nd 2002#56319 Report
looks fine to me, except for the space at the bottom of each little section of text.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 2nd 2002#56320 Report
yeah i added (br)'s to get it to work but i just wanted to know why it didnt see the text as lines in the first place its like the text isnt even there?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 2nd 2002#56326 Report
I don't know, must be one of those things.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 4th 2002#56644 Report
I am not sure if this is what you are looking for or if you already know this =) but when you are creating those line boxes in css you can absolute position and size them. It will treat the text like water and just squish them around if they are relative. Not sure exactly the question cause the site looked fine to me....

oh yeah, here is a real cool site with some good css links
Blue Robot
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 4th 2002#56658 Report
it looked fine cause i put all those (br) tags in there because before the images moved up together and the text was on top of the images so with the brakes it made space for the text
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 5th 2002#56774 Report
Check out the Blue Robot sample lay outs. I think that will give you an answer to your problem, without using all the br tags. Basically you absolute position the text elements and then "div" them and the images will move around them. - dang you cant use the angles in posts....
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 8th 2002#57240 Report
Blue Robot Sample Layout?
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum