TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

hate to be a bother but I have a question.

Page: 1 2 3 Reply
Jun 23rd 2002#54653 Report
here's a site. site

See the Iframe? I want to make a grungy-ish border for it. It will act as a border for the iframe and the pic next to it. My question is, how do I do that?

I know I can make the border in photoshop but after trying and trying I can't seem to come close to getting what I want in dreamweaver. Do I have to slice the border image to where there is a big square in the middle where I can put the iframe? If so, then how do I do that?

I feel like I'm being a pain because I've asked this question a few times. I've been told I need to slice and I've been told some other stuff but I've never gotten a definative answer and good help.

thanks for the time.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 23rd 2002#54659 Report
the way i would do it is first make the border. then make a table on the page with 3 columns and 3 rows. put the iframe in the center row and center column. then make the border image and slice it into 8 pieces. top, bottom, left, right, top left, top right. bottom left, bottom right and then just insert them in there.

an easier way which i just thought of as i was writing this, would be to do all of the following but instead of 3 columns and 3 rows, have 3 columns and split the middle cell into 3 rows and then make the border image. then split the border image into the left side, right side, middle top, and middle bottom.

either way works, i would go the second way though. i usually do it the first way because that was the way i learned and am used to doing it that way.

im sure there ARE easier ways than the ways ive explained, but if there are, i havent found it and maybe someone here knows of an easier way.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 23rd 2002#54661 Report
ok. thanks that sounds complicated.

is that how dakin made his here: dakins site

the grunge site specificly.

i'll try that out.

thanks.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 23rd 2002#54662 Report
from the looks of it, he made the image and used it as the background image for the table. you can do that too, but sometimes you get alignment issues, etc. so i usually do it the way i said because its more than likely not going to have as many problems.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 23rd 2002#54666 Report
ohhhhhhhhh. I'm starting to understand. thanks
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 23rd 2002#54667 Report
no problem. anything else just ask and me or someone else will help ya out
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 23rd 2002#54668 Report
Originally posted by PowerfulSquid

an easier way which i just thought of as i was writing this, would be to do all of the following but instead of 3 columns and 3 rows, have 3 columns and split the middle cell into 3 rows and then make the border image. then split the border image into the left side, right side, middle top, and middle bottom.

why couldn't I just make a top, bottom, left, and right slice?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 23rd 2002#54669 Report
well you could do that too. its basically the same principle though.

this way, you would have 3 rows and in the middle row make 3 columns and put the iframe in the middle column of the middle row.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 23rd 2002#54675 Report
ok now I see why 8 pieces.

what do you use to slice images?

I'm gonna try image ready but I've never used it before.

ok. i've sliced up the background in imageready. how do I save it so I can transfer it to dreamweaver? when I click on save as, I can only save it as a psd file. Am I doing something wrong?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 23rd 2002#54679 Report
ive never used image ready in my life. i dont do things the conventional way like most people here. what i usually do is use the marquee tool the do a file->new, paste and save and i do that to each slice and i then save them and i can import, and it works just fine for me.

youre going to need someone who knows imageready to anwer that for you, sorry. :(
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum