TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

php problem

Page: 1 2 Reply
Jun 6th 2002#51995 Report
H i im learning php and i have download the newest version of php...the version that installs itself.... also i installed PWS from my windows 98 cd and it works fine...
OOK this is the problem
I went to webmonkey and i was reading a tutorial and they said to save the file into my wwwroot folder in c:.....
well i did
thats working fine but when i go and open it in my browser it says.......
Security Alert! The PHP CGI cannot be accessed directly.
This PHP CGI binary was compiled with force-cgi-redirect enabled. This means that a page will only be served up if the REDIRECT_STATUS CGI variable is set, e.g. via an Apache Action directive.

For more information as to why this behaviour exists, see the manual page for CGI security.

For more information about changing this behaviour or re-enabling this webserver, consult the installation file that came with this distribution, or visit the manual page.

now from this i know that it is recognizing that it is php and all that but i dont know or understand what this is....
i saved it as .php
and since my identification for the computer is micro the url that i typed in was
http://micro/chickenman.php
the name of the file is chickenman.php
also it is in the right folder.....
well plz help me
later
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 7th 2002#52010 Report
I'd skip Personal Web Server and go with an installation of Apache for Windows. Then you can use mod_php which is way better than PHP as a CGI script. You can find plenty of tutorials on the web about installing PHP, Apache, and mySQL on a Windows system.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 7th 2002#52047 Report
thanks man so if i get apache i can fix the sercurity problem and it wont have anything to do with cgi
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 7th 2002#52048 Report
i dont want the cgi version of php........
but i want apache...is thsat possible...
im on windows 98
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 7th 2002#52065 Report
Yes, just type "Window98 apache php" on google.

Or just stop by phpbuilder.com. There's a tutorial there in the articles section.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 7th 2002#52108 Report
thanjs all
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 7th 2002#52111 Report
OK so was PWS the reason i was have ing to use the cgi version of php..also was pws also the reason for the security problem....
also if i install apache and php will i have to configure php or apache by going through the files....is there a version of php or apache that is already configured to work so i dont need to do anything to it....
later and thanks
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 7th 2002#52129 Report
Nope, don't use apache 2 yet. use apache 1.3x
Configuring apache isn't that hard IMO.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 8th 2002#52166 Report
Yes, you had the use the CGI version of PHP because of PWS. I don't think it was the reason for the security problem, but the use of the CGI binary was. If you install Apache, you will just have to configure Apache so it knows PHP exists.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 8th 2002#52169 Report
I made the mistake of rebuilding apache to 2.0 on my linux box. Reading through the docs before configuring, found I had to use mod_php to be able to use php, no longer an independant library. So I look around the apache website, nowhere to download mod_php.

I was a very unhappy clam. Back to 1.3 I went.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum