TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

how do you make a site look good in all resolutions?

Page: 1 Reply
May 28th 2002#50426 Report
Sorry to bother you guys yet again but how do you make a site in dreamweaver that is not offline(images not where they should be) in all resolutions.

Isn't there a way you can make it look good in all resolutions(1024 x 748 etc)?

plus, what I see in dreamweaver is not what I see on the web. The text box is not in the right place and one pic I have isn't in the right place. I'm using a background image that's part of the site and I have an image with links in it that is placed in a certain position. anyway it's all offline. and annoying.

I'll be gratefull for help.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 29th 2002#50447 Report
You'll stand a better chance of someone helping you if you can link us to the problem. At the moment we can only "guess" what the problem might be.

My first guess:

You are using a layer and trying to also make the site "center" ....
Reply with Quote Reply
May 29th 2002#50539 Report
ok. here's what I see in dreamweaver ultra dev:

dreamweaver

then when I preview it I see this:

preview

then when I put it on the internet, I see this: site

**viewed in 1024x768**

what's the freakin deal?

by the way, the background is a background image. Couldn't figure out how to make it just an image and then put images over it.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 29th 2002#50540 Report
OK, bottom line.... you need to search this forum for "slicing" or maybe "imageready". You've got the start.... and I see you have Ultra Dev....... do those searches.... read a little bit and then you'll be on your way.

You will have alot more control if you slice that image as it will be used.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 29th 2002#50544 Report
ok cool thanks.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 31st 2002#50777 Report
still don't get it.
after reading numerous posts, I still don't know what slicing does. I assume it is like an image map. But maybe it can do more. I don't want any roll overs or anything like that. I just want those words "funny, music, etc." to be links. I can make that happen with image maps.

the problem with image mapping is that I can't do that and have a text box because the text box (created in dreamweaver) has to be over the pic(basic site layout).

would slicing the image (background) make it possible for me to put a text box over it in dreamweaver?

sorry to be such a noob but I am anoyed by this problem.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum