TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Forms

Page: 1 Reply
May 24th 2002#49723 Report
Hi, i have some forms on my page ( www.syndicate-studios.com/order.asp ) and i was wondering if anyone knows how to make it when you submit the form, it sends the information to an email. That would be very helpful, also, if anyone knows a place where they have some Form Tutorials. Thanks
Reply with Quote Reply
May 24th 2002#49727 Report
i don't know anything about forms but just do a search on yahoo for tutorials.

here's the first link I found:

http://www.webcom.com/~webcom/html/tutor/forms/
Reply with Quote Reply
May 24th 2002#49747 Report
i am not completly sure but i tink you put in the form and where it says action="" you put mailto:yourmail@alfk.com so it would be action="mailto:blah@balh.com"
Reply with Quote Reply
May 24th 2002#49779 Report
On your site you have 2 form tags. the first one is closed before the submit button. You should remove the 1st /form and the 2nd form tag.

If you want the form content send by email you can do as DeliStyle said. But the text in the email will not be that well formated and will be pretty hard to read. Since you use Fronpage to create the forum you can make the form content be added to a db instead wich in most cases is a better solution. If you dont know ASP you will have a hard time customizing the scripts though.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 3rd 2002#51185 Report
if the visiters hava client mail exchage software just like outlook.
you can use it like this '< form method=post ENCTYPE=text/plain action='yourmailaddress@yourcom.com'>'

else,your domain must support mail exchage sevrices.
and if you want to use mail service. you must find some server code.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 5th 2002#51697 Report
Check with your host to see if they have a built-in CGI script for formmail. Mine does and I just use the action thing to post to that script, and the email is formatted and mailed to any address I specify.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 5th 2002#51732 Report
If you dont know ASP you will have a hard time customizing the scripts though.

That is not true at all because you don't need ASP just to submit a form. You could use PERL (CGI), PHP, Python, or whatever other language you so desire.

Anyway, I suggest you visit http://www.hotscripts.com and find a form mail script that will work on your host.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 5th 2002#51741 Report
www.syndicate-studios.com/order.asp
I got it working thanks to ASP . I got a book on asp and figured it out. ASP has some very cool things that you can do with it, I reccomend learning it.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum