TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Bordering tables with graphics like TPS

Page: 1 Reply
May 22nd 2001#3974 Report
Hi everyone,

I've been watching this site for a while and learning from it, but this is my first time posting a question. I have a major dilemma, the answer to which I am hoping is a simple oversight on my part.

If you look at the main page of this site, they've used small images and stretched them to border the sides of certain tables, like the "Team Stuff" table. When I view the main page here, it works correctly in both MSIE and NS6.

I have attempted to create something similar for a job I'm working on, but for some reason my version does not display the side images in NS6. You can see it here:
http://www.exotigraphic.com/mach10/middle.html

I have scoured the source code from the TPS site version and compared it to mine, and I can't see anything missing. I've searched this site and a couple others relentlessly for a tutorial on this, or even a clue as to where to begin. I'm exasperated :(

Can anyone help with this? I greatly appreciate any replies and/or advice, thank you!!
Reply with Quote Reply
May 22nd 2001#3975 Report
First thing I would try is to remove the images with widht this height 100%. Just use the background and a one pixel high by however pixel wide transparent GIF.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 22nd 2001#3983 Report
I sincerely appreciate the reply!!! Thanks!

However... I don't understand what you're saying... :(
Reply with Quote Reply
May 22nd 2001#3984 Report
OK, after reading a few times, I think I understand what you mean. Gonna go try it now!
Reply with Quote Reply
May 22nd 2001#3985 Report
tsg, THANK YOU! I don't know why I didn't think of that?? LOL!!! I guess the frustration of not being able to make it work like the TPS main page got the better of me and I just wasn't thinking... (i'm still mystified as to how TPS works *with* the image= in it)

Thanks again, for taking a moment to help me!
Reply with Quote Reply
May 22nd 2001#3989 Report
Glad that I could help. Notice how the curve never comes where text is? That indicates there is one table there. They use the tables < td background=' '> and then they put images in it just as you would for a regular table. If you have more questions about that. Just post them or you could message me on MSN - the yahoo name is my MSN name or AIM - it's correct.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum