TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Contest Script Volunteers

Page: 1 2 Reply
May 17th 2001#3712 Report
See this thread and if you can help out post your ideas. Thanks...

http://www.teamphotoshop.com/forum/vbforum/showthread.php?s=&postid=3711#post3711
Reply with Quote Reply
May 21st 2001#3939 Report
What do we get if we do your favor?
Reply with Quote Reply
May 21st 2001#3941 Report
The great satisfaction of helping pank out.

:D
Reply with Quote Reply
May 22nd 2001#3980 Report
hmm, I too am learning php right now. I have some programming experience in C++ and Perl. PHP would be more effecient to do it in.

MBB, if you want, you and I could colaborate on it. Pool our knowledge together kinda. email me at [email]oblivion@oesm.org[/email] or icq 20369051.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 22nd 2001#3981 Report
since it wont allow me to edit my post I will do a new reply.

Pank, I actually have a script that I have been using to learn stuff about uploading, userpermissions and generating pages. It works kinda like deviantart. You wouldn't actually have to have anything done. However, my offer to mbb stands. perhaps we could take it and customize it.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 22nd 2001#3990 Report
Thanks guys just let me know. I'll leave it up to you for now. Basically I'd just like people to be able to,
Example:
Upload a .jpg or .gif via the script as well as the authors info. (name, email, website, etc.),
then the .jpg or .gif and info. would be generated to a page. After X amount of submissions the page would split into a new page (Page 2). And so on.

I think that should be all we would need to run something like a contest, don't you think?
Reply with Quote Reply
May 23rd 2001#3998 Report
That sounds good, but for me, time aint on my side, or else I'd be up for the challenge.

I'm working on 2 sites right now, and trying to get another off the ground. I'm still not proficient in PHP enough to be of that much use. (no time to learn...grr)

Let me look at what's sitting in front of me right now, and I'll see if I can slide any thing else in.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 23rd 2001#4000 Report
alright. I didnt expect anything right now anyway. i am working on getting my actual final layout working with a php script I found.

Pank, you might want to check out www.phpnuke.com . Its a portal software that has exactly the type of file management you want. Perhaps they will help you out and tell you exactly which files do that and how you can set it up in a template to match your layout.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 23rd 2001#4001 Report
grr stupid thing

Pank - I think this is what you want.

http://www.phpnuke.org/download.php?op=mydown&did=77

should be a very self explanatory readme.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 23rd 2001#4009 Report
Post from Ed Deker....(he rocks)
[code]
step(1): use an upload form that points to a PHP page (example: uploadHandler.php):

Send this file:

step(2) make upload hander .php file with the following code in it:

if(isset($userfile)):
myPath = 'web/sites/example/www.mysite.com/myDirectory/';

$copyTo = $myPath . $userfile_name;
copy($userfile, $copyTo);

endif;
?>

(3) write uploaded images to html page. now: the filenames could be anything. Let's say you only allow viewing of .jpg and .gif files, you'll have to use something like:

// function to return file extension:
function retExt($thisFile)
{
$l = strlen($thisFile);
$rest = substr($thisFile, $l - 4, 4);
return $rest;
}

//function to 'scan' directory:

function displayDirContent(){

if ($dir = @opendir("myDirectory")) {
while($file = readdir($dir)) {

$temp = retExt($file);

if( ($temp == ".jpg") || ($temp == ".gif"))
{
echo '
';
}
}
closedir($dir);
}
}

displayDirContent();
?>
[/code]
hope this helps

Ed.D.

http://www.php.net/manual/en/features.file-upload.php http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.filesystem.php
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum