TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

PHP...need a script...

Page: 1 Reply
Apr 7th 2002#40060 Report
Hey,

Since i have now got my own website, i was thinking about sprinkling a little php on it. Here's what i want to do, and i quite similar to Deker's most recent website... I have an index.html, which has a button and when you click on it, it was randomly select either index2.html, index3.html.....index8.html. (each index.html has a different colour interface, i was thinking about this last night when i actually had time to sleep and though it would be a good idea)

Here's the thing, i haven't a clue about PHP, Perl, Java etc...but i know i do have a 'cgi-bin' folder on my site, so if anyone could please give a link to this script, or paste it in, that would be great. I assume it's just a case of putting the scriting code in the cgi-bin foolder...but i'm not that sure. Thanks.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 7th 2002#40133 Report
You might want to check out http://www.hotscripts.com if you can't find anything you could easily create your own script using an array to store the page names (index2.html....index8.html), m_rand() to select a page, and Header() to send the browser to the correct page. Take a look at the PHP manual if you are still unsure.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 7th 2002#40151 Report
Cybling i think ur site looks great, really slick flash work.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 7th 2002#40185 Report
yea, it does look awesome.

as far as the script, i would also recommend looking around at hotscripts.com, they have alot of useful scripts.

also, should this go under server side code?
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum