TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

juggling screen resolutions

Page: 1 Reply
May 11th 2001#3348 Report
I've been working on a site using a 1024x768 screen display. Come to find out, the page looks horrible in 800x600 (and who knows what it'll look like in 640x480). Normally, I work under 800x600 .. that way I'm working somewhere in the middle of the three common screen sizes. But this time, I failed to do so. I don't feel like I could reduce the size of the images anymore, nor would I like to create two different sites (one for 800x600... etc). So, I was wondering how some of you would handle this problem.

If you need, the page is: http://agapedistro.cjb.net
Reply with Quote Reply
May 13th 2001#3532 Report
If you are using DreamWeaver it has a little button at the bottom that will change the resolution you are working in. (I dont like it, it does funky stuff sometimes)

you can also (at your own risk...LOL) check out photoshopclub.com for a link to something called "prosizer" it boast it can do ALL that painlessly...but I aint ever tryed it
Reply with Quote Reply
May 15th 2001#3617 Report
Why do you want your webpage to be able to due all the res. Just find out what the Majority of your target audience uses. The make your site to fit that res.

All the other ppl will adapt.

I wouldn't even consider 640x480..I doubt there is anyone even using that res anymore.

Scott
Reply with Quote Reply
May 22nd 2001#3976 Report
Well, actually I downloaded prosizer and it's just a handy tool, to make the size of your browser window to the resolution you want...then you don't have to set your resolution off your screen back every time you won't it to change....

it doesn't do anything to your site itself..

and for the res issue, a bit more than 50% of the world uses 800x600, saw it on a major site one time, but I don't remember when anymore...

greetz, CyberoX
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum