TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

CSS Help

Page: 1 Reply
Mar 26th 2002#37526 Report
I'm working on my blog system, and I have certain elements of all my textareas set with CSS. When I do this, it narrows the width of the textarea.

What I mean is, if I had it set to say, cols=50, it would narrow it down beyond that, and I would have to set it to around 90, for it to get back to the same previous width on screen.

Normally it wouldn't bother me, because I only use IE, but Netscape (at least 4.7) doesn't read the CSS, and through NS it actually looks a width of 90, way larger than it should be.

It's not a big deal to me personally, but I'm making some major changes, and while doing this, am considering a possible release, and I'd like for it to be decent looking in both browsers, if I did.

Any way to get it to even out on both?
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 26th 2002#37534 Report
It's probably resizing because you are using different sized fonts in the stylesheets. Smaller ones. Which would make the thing narrower. So if NS4.7 doesn't support setting the font size of input fields, then I don't see any way to get around. Unless you did a bunch of browser sniffing crap, or don't use CSS on the input fields.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 26th 2002#37538 Report
*walks off cussing Netcrap*
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum