TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

launching .exe files from within IE

Page: 1 Reply
May 6th 2001#3016 Report
Lo all,

is it possible to launch .exe files from an internet page? Im trying to create a page to use as my active desktop background, and I want to be able to launch programs from within the desktop without Icons. That is, click on a hyperlink and the prog comes up....

Any ideas?

----------------
Anyone else here watching Australian Big Brother?
Reply with Quote Reply
May 6th 2001#3022 Report
I don't think that is possible. Think about the joy virusmakers and hackers would have if that was possible, shiver.

Flash can launch .exe's offline but it isn't possible online.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 6th 2001#3026 Report
I'm not REALLY sure what you are trying to do.

BUT

Do a little research on active X controls, while they will warn the user "this might not be safe" there are some ways to do what you are asking. (if I understand)

However, I aint sure Netscape will do it too.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 6th 2001#3042 Report
hmm, gimme a couple minutes. I dont think its anything to do with html really.

From what I gather, you want to use your Active Desktop to launch applications while having an html page there. Try playing around with the Active Desktop Properties in windows.

As for launching executables from a website, its possible with javascript, but lots of people dont like it. For the same reason that tornupinside described. Active X controls are a bad idea on a site because I dont think netscape even knows what to do with them.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum