TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

wysiwyg and other html editors

Page: 1 Reply
Feb 17th 2002#31411 Report
what is a great html editor, other than notepad, that wont insert stupid crap code, as i call it, into my documents?

i also need a feature that can search for a certain charactor(s) and replace them with other charactor(s)

p.s. dreamweaver is meh best friend but it doesn't do what I want.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 17th 2002#31453 Report
dreamweaver will do what you are asking.... Go >Edit >find and replace....in the resulting dialog make sure you have "source code" selected in the first field and tell it what you want to replace... along with what you want to replace "with"..... easy!

as far as inserting a bunch of code.... dreamweaver doesn't insert anything you don't tell it to, however accidental it may be. I admit at times it handles tables totally different than I would myself.... but its a heck of alot faster than me coding the tables.

Also you can take out any code you don't want and dreamweaver ain't gonna complain.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 19th 2002#31905 Report
WYSIWYG editor
Dreamweaver
Homesite a really nice editor that dont make stupid crap tags.

If u are looking for a WYSIWYG editor you have to change a lot of your tags to make it trught a w3 validation.

text editor.
Notepad my favorit.
editplus heard a lot about this editor. www.editplus.com

If u dont know what w3c validation is check it out here http://validator.w3.org/
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 23rd 2002#32529 Report
editplus 2 rules, best editor I've ever used ...
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 23rd 2002#32632 Report
homesite isnt really a wysiwyg. it's a powerful tool non-the-less.

there used to be a really nice free editor by evrsoft. they are supposed to come out with a second version, but I havent seen any news about it lately.

I detest dreamweaver with a passion, especially after taking a class that required me to use it. I learned an all new hate for macromedia in that class. Still, it is powerful and it doesn't really add anything that shouldnt be there.

Frontpage sucks. Period.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum