TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

(html) set border.....hard to explain

Page: 1 Reply
May 2nd 2001#2748 Report
Ok, I'm new to html and I have this great idea for an interface. It's kind of a wrap around picture, with a graphic on the right side, and the navigation on the left, and something connecting the two on the top, with the bottom left open. The thing is, I don't want the graphic on the right to extend down. So how am I going to pull this off?? It'll be really rad if I can. I can't wait to finish my site! :D
Reply with Quote Reply
May 2nd 2001#2751 Report
if you could provide an example of what you are talking about would be great. Maybe it's me, but I can't get a mental picture of what you are wanting to do.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 2nd 2001#2754 Report
My mental picture says you try putting valign="top" in your td tag. But, that's just my mental picture, and it could be different than everyone else's.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 2nd 2001#2758 Report
This is what I have in mind. Note-this is not what I plan for the i-face to look like. Sorry it's so big I'm too lazy to re-size it. lol http://thewallus.homestead.com/files/interface_sketch.jpg
Reply with Quote Reply
May 2nd 2001#2759 Report
I would say use frames, or a iFrame scrolling gizmo like pank uses on the front of this site. Probably frames though. An iFrame scroller that big may be slow on some computers. Plus there are less compatibility issues with frames than dhtml stuff. But then you have the people that hate frames, so I don't know. It's your call.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 2nd 2001#2765 Report
as a matter of fact, that is what I used to do with my old site...the one with the flea.

just use two frames that are loaded with a blank page...with the bgcolor set to your sites bgcolor, and it will appear that you have used an iframe but not.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum